Chapter 16

Aaidah:

Next morning I left for my office and Aaran went to Ahren's house with baba and maa. Asael bhaiya went to hospital with Zaria. I wonder what's wrong with her but I hope she is fine. In such a short time this family became special to me. How can they not be when they have been so good towards me from the beginning.

I couldn't go to meet Alaida but I sent her a message. After a long time she replied that she is okay. I will have to ask Aaran if he noticed something unusual. Cause I can't be at peace just by seeing a mere message of her saying that she is okay when I don't know what exactly is happening to her in that house.

I would've gone to meet her but firstly maa said it's not good if so many people visit her just the day after her wedding day. Secondly I have work at my office. Someone is continuously leaking information. That's why there is so much work to do. I can't even find out who is that rat among us. Then this fucking idiot who is messaging me all day, threatening to hurt me, Azir and Aaran.

I'm not worried about Aaran cause he can take care of himself. At least no one can hurt him. But I'm so worried for Azir. He is still a kid who can't protect himself in any situation. I'm trying to find out who is this person messaging me. I already told my secretary, Ayana to work on it. Ayana said she can't track down his location. But she is guessing that the person messaging me lives in another country that's why it's being so hard to find out about him.

I slumped back in my chair, sighing. I'm so frustrated with everything that's happening. I can't find peace. Suddenly I remembered my maa's words who told me to pray my Salah if I ever feel restless. But I stopped praying Salah long time ago after my grandfather died. I don't believe in Allah anymore. Not to mention I killed many people, I'm a sinner. Though I never killed innocent people still that doesn’t change the fact that I sinned. I need to go out. It's so suffocating here. At this rate I can't even work properly.

I came out and was about to get inside my car when suddenly someone pushed me, making me fall on the ground. My butt hurts! Who had the audacity to push me away like this? I will kill this motherfucker.

I looked up in front of me only to find a guy wearing a mask pointing his gun at me. At least show your face coward. “Who sent you?” I asked him but no answer from his side. “A bitch like you needs to die. You don't deserve to be happy. Die you bitch!” He yelled like a maniac. “Oops sorry did I killed someone precious to you?” His tone is enough for me to know, he hates me. I probably killed someone from his family or his friend that's why. But if I killed them that means they did something wrong or betrayed me.

The parking area is empty since it's still work hours, everyone is inside. After seeing what's happening now I will make sure to hire the best bodyguards for this area cause no way I would let any of worker get hurt because of my enemies. First let me deal with this guy. Since there is no one here so I need to do something myself.

I stood up from the ground and took a step forward. I need to knock some sense into him. But his next words made me stop in my tracks. “If you hurt me then my men will kill your brother. Right now he is in school right?” I'm sure he is smirking behind that mask. Cause he is right. Azir is in school now. I had talked to maa before coming to the office and she told me that Azir went to school when I asked about him.

At school he is alone, there are no bodyguards around him there so he can easily get hurt. I clenched my fists. I can't panick. Nothing will happen to my Azir. No one can hurt him as long as I'm here. “If you came here to kill me then do it. But don't you dare hurt my brother.” I said sternly even though I'm panicking from inside.

He lifted his gun again, pointing it to my head this time. We are not standing that far from each other so he can easily shoot me wherever he wants. This is it. I'm going to die. I know I won't go to heaven after all the sins I have committed. At least I hope to see my family one last time. If only this guy didn’t bring Azir into this matter then by now he would've been dead.