Chapter 25

Aaran:

As Aaidah closed her eyes I felt like I would die. Please Allah no. I don't want to be helpless again and regret for not being able to protect someone close to me. Yes, we are not on good terms with each other but I can't deny the fact that she is my wife. If something happens to her then I will kill myself.

I was with her! How could I be so careless and let her get hurt? Why didn’t I notice that guy? Why didn’t I turn around when I realized the bags fell and she stopped walking. If only I had looked behind at her then I could've stop from letting this happen. I could've stop that guy from hurting her. But my ego stopped me from looking at her.

As I picked her up, I felt her wrapping her hands around my neck but suddenly her hold on me loosened. That's when I realized that she passed out. Shit shit I need to take her to the hospital quickly. Where the fuck is Asael? Why is he taking so time to bring a goddamn car? As I was busy cursing him in my head, he came. As soon as he came I sat in the back seat as I kept Aaidah's hand on my lap.

“Asael drive fast! She is losing too much blood.” I know he is doing his best to reach the hospital soon but I can't stop panicking. The only thing which is on my mind that what if I lose her? What will I tell her parents? I had promised her baba that I will take care of her and never let her get hurt. What will I tell my parents? Both my parents will be so disappointed in me for not being able to protect her.

Moreover what will I tell myself? That I let my ego win and let her get hurt or worse die? Fuck this ego and anger of mine. For this I always end up doing many mistakes in my life. But today I made the biggest mistake in my life. I have put someone in danger because of it.

“Aaran we reached. What the hell are you thinking? Get out!” Asael yelled at me. I quickly picked up Aaidah and rushed inside the hospital. Soon few nurse and a doctor came who took her to the operation theatre immediately. Baba have 50% share in this hospital so everyone knows me and Asael. They also know who I am thus, they didn’t dare to ask anything and directly took her to the operation theatre.

As I was lost in my thoughts I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I looked beside me to see it's Asael's hand. “Don't worry okay? In Shaa Allah she will be fine.” I kept staring at him blankly. How can I not worry? She was stabbed! She lost too much blood. How can she be fine? “Pray to Allah.” I scoffed at what he said. Allah will help me? Really? Nice joke. Allah never helped me. I begged so much to Allah once yet I never got any help. Instead that day my whole world shattered.

Till today I'm left with nothing but pain, regret and anger after that incident. Neither I could trust Allah again. I stopped praying Salah after that day. I won't pray Salah and beg to Allah today either. Allah will just break my hope then again I will be heartbroken once again.

I sat down on the chair pulling my hair out of frustration. My hand is filled with blood but I don't give a fuck about it now. The doctor is also not coming out. It's almost been twenty minutes. ‘It takes time to complete the surgery.’ My subconscious mind reminded me.

Asael sat beside but he is quiet. I know he don't know how to console me. I don't want him to console me either cause I'm used to being alone in this kind of situation. I don't need anyone’s sympathy or anyone to console me.

After few minutes baba came with maa and Zaria. Soon enough Aaidah's baba came too but Azir and her maa didn’t came. “She will be fine.” Her baba said while patting me on my shoulder. I looked at him, blinking my eyes. I thought he will blame me for his daughter's condition but he is consoling me. “What? I heard from your maa what happened. It's not your fault son.” This made me happy. For once someone didn’t blame me. For once someone wasn’t disappointed in me.