Chapter 26

Aaidah:

He kissed me just to feed me the medicine? Wallahi if I wasn’t in pain then I would've get up and punch him in the face. I took the glass of water and drank it in one go. I didn’t felt like eating or having the medicines cause I was feeling so guilty. Because of my stupid enemy everything got ruined. The day, my clothes, the baby shoes.

“I will kill that bastard.” I blurted out. “I already killed him.” Aaran said so nonchalantly as if he didn’t just kill someone and moreover that someone had hurt me. So he didn’t kill that guy for his own reasons. He doesn’t kill anyone unless they betray him or try to harm his family. I'm sure that he doesn’t consider me as his family then why did he killed that guy?

I kept looking at him shocked while he is looking at me blankly. “You are my wife, my responsibility and whoever tries to harm you will die by my hands.” His words made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I think this is just the effect of the anesthesia, nothing else! “Will you act like a brat again?” He asked while smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him. “You won't kiss me again without my permission otherwise I will burn your lips.”

I just threatened him and he is laughing. He is laughing in front of me for the first time. I can hear his laugh all day without getting bored. I can even do anything to make him laugh. It's like I'm already getting addicted to his laugh even though I don't want it to happen. “Don't tell me you are in love with me.” My eyes widened in shock.

“You are looking at me like exactly how I used to look at Zaria with love and admiration in my eyes.” I shook my head negatively, denying what he told me. “Don't fall in love with me Aaidah. It's you who will get hurt the most.” This is the first time Aaran is talking to me gently for a long time. “Take rest.” With that saying he left the room.

After that everyone else came to meet me. Even Zaria came to the hospital again. This girl started crying while hugging me. But this made me realize Zaria really consider me as her friend and sister otherwise she wouldn’t have cried like this. Huriya came too though she didn’t cry in front of me but I could tell she was also really worried about me like others. That was evident in her expression.

My maa didn’t came since baba didn’t inform her. Baba did the right thing. Maa would've panic so badly and Azir would've cried. If he were here then he would've cling onto me like a koala. I bet no one else could even hug me or come near me because of him. He loves me a lot thus he becomes possessive whenever I used to get sick or get hurt.

Aaran had come back at night only to check if I had my medicines or not. He kept looking at me and smirking the whole time the nurse was making me have my medicines. This man survived from my punches because I'm injured. Otherwise he would be the one getting admitted in the hospital.

He hates me? Does he really hate me? Cause if you hate someone then you are not supposed to be worried for them or be so caring that you end up kissing them because they weren’t having medicines! Wife? Responsibility? Fuck those things. Nobody cares this much for someone just because that someone is their wife or their responsibility.

‘He is just a bipolar person. You are thinking too much, idiot.’ My subconscious mind mocked me. But it's true though. He is indeed a bipolar person. I'm wasting my energy by thinking about him. I should think about other things like I can daydream about my book husbands while everyone is taking care of me like a queen. Let me in my delusional world for few days till I get well completely.

.........................................................................

It's been one week already since I got stabbed. I got discharged after the day I got admitted in the hospital. I couldn’t go to office because maa strictly told me to rest at home. Maa took care of me in this one week. Zaria too helped me with my work as much as she could. I didn’t let her do that much because her due date is coming soon. I don't want anything to happen to her because of me.