Chapter 13

Aaran:

These days have been a hectic. Handling office work then Alaida's issue too. Even if she is not saying anything I know it's hard for her to cope up with this whole situation. But can I do anything? No cause I'm helpless. Baba told me the reason behind his helplessness. As much as I'm angry and I want to kill that bastard I can't do that because of her safety. I don't want her to get hurt once again. This time no one will be able to heal her, that's for sure. Allah just help my sister. Don't let her get hurt. Protect her from everything.

“Aaran... Aaran!” I snapped away from my thoughts. I looked at Aaidah, confused. Why is she yelling at me? “Please move. Maybe you don't want to sleep but I want to because tomorrow we have to get up early.” Just then I realized that I'm sitting on the bed on her side. Her words made me remember it's Alaida's birthday tomorrow. We are not throwing a party or anything like that just family members are invited for lunch. Aaidah, Zaria and Ahren's family are invited. Huriya was invited too but she informed she will go to Dubai tomorrow in the morning so she can't come.

Suddenly Aaidah threw a cushion at me. “Why do you get lost in your thoughts again and again? Move away!” Damn her high pitched voice is annoying as hell. I moved away from her side, going to my side. She laid down on the bed covering herself with the blanket. One thing I noticed is that she becomes more grumpy if she can't sleep. For her sleep is more important than anything else.

‘You even notice things about her?’ Here comes my subconscious mind to mock me again. I rolled my eyes. Well if we are living together in the same house, same room then it's obvious that I will have to notice things about her even if I'm not interested.

I took out my phone to message Alaida. “Come to my room if you don't feel good.” I sent the message to her then turned off the light, laying down on my bed. I'm worrying for her. It's her birthday, on the top of that she got the news of her marriage. All these are too much for her.

I couldn’t sleep the whole night. Next morning I went to her room to check on her. She didn’t opened the door so I guessed either she is sleeping or watching those stupid dramas. I came back to my room. I need to take a shower quickly. Today there are so much work. Guests will come then my office work too.

I took my towel and clothes to go towards the bathroom when Aaidah stopped me. When did she woke up? I didn’t even heard any sound. “Let me go first. I'm in a hurry since I have to help maa today with housework.” She was about to move when I held her collar from behind, pulling her behind me. “I will go first.” With that saying I took a step ahead when she came and stood in front of me. As a woman she is really fast to move. I didn’t even realize that she moved in front of me until I collided with her.

I looked down at her who is glaring at me. Funny how short she is compared to me. She is really stubborn so I only have one option left which is to make her speechless. “We only have one option left which won't make any of us late.” She looked at me confused. “Let's take a shower together.” I'm sure she will feel shy then back off. Girls feel shy in these matter right? She is a girl too so I'm sure she will feel shy and as a result tell me to go to take a shower first.

“Are you sure about that? You wouldn’t be able to resist my hotness, my dear husband.” My jaw dropped on the floor. Why the fuck she always give me shock? She is so unpredictable. I was so lost in my thoughts and too shocked that I didn’t even realized when she went inside the bathroom.

I glared at the door as if it's a person. Can I hit her? No no. Aaran calm down. You don't hit girls. I kept repeating that sentence to myself so that I would calm down. I sat on the couch opening my laptop. I will just finish my work till she is done with her dear shower.