Chapter 14

Aaidah:

After lots of difficulty Aaran had calmed down. He didn't even look at me, I can understand that he is embarrassed. I mean I would be embarrassed too after showing my vulnerable side to anyone especially to someone who is my enemy. So I didn't said anything neither I was looking at him so that he wouldn't feel more embarrassed about this whole situation.

He had went to the bathroom when Alaida came. Today I saw a broken girl instead of that cheerful girl. I feel bad. She is still young and already facing so many things. I wish I could help her but it seems like she doesn't want me to see her like this so I left her alone with Aaran.

After what seemed like an hour Alaida had come to me. I reassured her that it's fine. She can talk to her brother as much as she wants. I don't have any problem with it cause she is not like those toxic sister-in-law. So why would I have a problem with her?

After I talked to her I came back to our room seeing Aaran sitting on the bed lost in his thoughts. Nothing new cause he is always lost in his thoughts. He looked at me after I mistakenly hit my leg with the table, making a sound. "Umm Aaidah-" He seems hesitant to speak. Wow! That's new now. He is hesitant to speak to me? Good job Aaidah. You successfully made him weak in front of you.

"I wanted to s-say that tha-" He wants to thank me but his ego and embarrassment is not letting him say the word properly without stuttering. Well I will let this slide only for today because I can feel his embarrassment. "No need for that. I only consoled you so that you wouldn't go outside the room with that sad face. Then baba and maa would think I don't take care of you as your wife."

I'm sure baba and maa wouldn't even think about this but I said this so that he wouldn't think I care for him or that I consoled him because I worry. Cause I don't. And this way he would get angry maybe then not feel embarrassed anymore. "Yeah how can I forget that the great Aaidah Sheikh doesn't give a fuck about anyone's feelings." He said through gritted teeth. "Next time don't console me. My parents are good enough which you know very well so they will never blame you for anything. Instead they will blame me actually." He is smiling at me, a forced smile. I succeeded in my mission. Now he won't feel embarrassed anymore. Neither he would think that I care for him. I didn't say anything else to him and came out of our room, going to the terrace.

I never came here till now but damn their terrace is so beautiful. On one side there are beautiful light hanging and on the floor there are mattress where everyone can sit. Then there are cushions too on the mattress. Another big mattress is placed in the center so if you can place foods, cold drinks on it. Anyone can literally come here and have a mini party or watch a movie peacefully. Other than this side the other half side of the whole terrace is empty. There aren't many flowers here. I guess they are not a fan of flowers or maybe they wanted to keep the terrace simple, neat and clean. However it's still so beautiful this way!

[Terrace Picture]