Chapter 8

Aaran:

I can't believe I'm married to a woman I don't even love. I barely know her. I only know her name and age, nothing else. Fuck it man. All of these are so annoying. Now she will also live in my room, frustrating!

I looked at the door where she stood looking at me. Don't girls feel shy on their wedding night? Then why she is not feeling shy? Instead she is looking at me straight in the eye. Wait wedding night? What the hell I'm saying? It's just another normal night for me, that's it.

She is still staring at me. If she needs something then she can say it. So I ignored her and started working in my laptop. She came inside then went to the bathroom. After what seemed like an hour she came out. Was she killing someone in the bathroom? Why did she took so long? ‘She is a woman that's why stupid’ My subconscious mind mocked me that too for this woman.

“What are you looking at?” Aaidah's voice brought me back to reality. “Looking at a witch.” I smiled at her, of course it's a fake smile. “I know this witch is pretty but still it's rude to stare at someone.” She flipped her hair before sitting down on the bed beside me, the side which is empty. This woman is already getting on my nerves. “You sleep on the couch. I will sleep on the bed.” She looked at me as if I said something unexpected. I don't think I did. I'm sure she wouldn't want to sleep on the same bed with me. But I won't leave my bed for a mere woman. So she can sleep on the couch. I'm no gentleman if she thinks I am. “Why don't you sleep on the couch? Cause you are the one who have a problem with sleeping together on the same bed.” My jaw dropped on the floor at her reply. What the hell? I thought she wouldn't want to sleep on the same bed.

She is even smirking at me, the audacity! “Oops I think your jaw is on the floor. Should I pick it up for you?” I clenched my fists. “Fine we both sleep on the bed together.” This didn’t effected her. Instead she laid down on the bed pulling the blanket on her. I won't sacrifice my bed either for her so I also laid down on the bed beside her. It feels weird to sleep on my bed now with another human being beside me. With these thoughts running on my mind, I fell asleep eventually the tiredness taking over me.

Next morning when I woke up I didn’t saw Aaidah. But I saw her in downstairs in the living room after I came down for breakfast. She is talking with Zaria. It looks like they will become good friends soon. My wife will be friend with my first love? Wow that's some messed up shit. Isn't it? Aaidah looked at me then looked away again. Soon everyone came and sat for breakfast. “I know you two got married in a rush so it's okay if you two don't get along. You will get close to each other eventually. Just give some time.” Baba spoke. Me and Aaidah nodded our head. At least she knows how to respect elders. If she didn’t respected my family I don't know what I would've done to her. I mean I'm not the best but I respect elders obviously those who deserves it. My family definitely deserves it. Her family deserves it too that's why I talked to her parents nicely. Though it seems like her younger brother don't like me that much like her. “Aaran eat.” Maa's voice brought me back to reality. I started eating. Did someone else cooked? I know how maa and Zaria's food taste like but this is different today. “Aaidah cooked today.” She cooks well. “Bhaiya and bhabi are perfect both can cook well so that makes them like a perfect pair.” Alaida said munching on her food. I shoved the sandwich in her mouth. “Shut up idiot.” She glared at me. “Hey don't do that to her.” Aaidah scolded me. “You are my second favourite bhabi cause Zaria bhabi is first.” Aaidah smiled at Alaida. She can smile too? This woman is giving me one shock after another today.

But one thing made me realize if only I didn’t mess up things with Zaria and if we were on good terms with each other, she would've also scolded me like Aaidah for annoying Alaida. Cause I saw her sometimes scolding Asael for this reason. Well whatever! Good things doesn’t happen to me. I'm used to bad things happening to me and I'm always prepared for it.