23

As Parvati entered the lush park, her eyes scanned the surroundings, hoping to spot a familiar face among the unfamiliar crowd. 

Should I call him? The idea of calling Suyash flickered in her mind, but she dismissed it and  decided to simply wait for him.

Finding an empty bench close by, she sat down and allowed her mind to wander, her thoughts turning to the Agarwals, her heart heavy with unspoken words and unresolved tensions.

When Suyash arrived, he found Parvati melancholic and distant. He sat beside her, but she seemed unaware of his presence. 

He sympathized with her, assuming her sadness was related to being away from her in-laws

"Parvati ji..."

His caring voice snapped her out of her reverie.

"When did you arrive, Mr. Mehra?" she asked, her tone holding a touch of surprise.

"Just a moment ago," he replied with a smile. She returned a faint smile, though beneath it, he could see a hint of sadness.

"Parvati ji, I understand that leaving Agarwal house is difficult for you, but it's just for a few months. Please try to cheer up for our baby's sake. You can go back home..."

Parvati politely interrupted, saying, "I will never go back to that place, Mr. Mehra."

Suyash looked at her, taken aback by her words. A silent question hanging in the air between them. She confided in him the events that had unfolded at the Agarwal house a day back.

Suyash couldn't understand why the Agarwals couldn't see that there was nothing between him and her. He was frustrated with them. However, he felt a surge of pride for Parvati's courage for standing up for herself, yet his heart ached for her turmoil.

“When Milind passed away, I made a promise to take care of my family, but I failed to keep that promise..." Parvati shared, her eyes brimming with the pain of a broken promise.

Suyash exhaled a sigh, the sight before him tugging at his heartstrings.

"Parvati ji, I do not want to comment on your family, but I truly believe that you did nothing wrong,” Suyash said.  

Parvati replied with a nod, "I know deep down that I made the right choice, but I can't shake this feeling of guilt."

"Please let go of that guilt, Parvati ji. No promise is worth more than a life, and now it involves two lives—yours and our baby's," Suyash reasoned, prompting her to rethink. "Your family's reluctance to accept your decision is impacting both you and our child. Remember, you deserve love, trust and respect. You did nothing wrong by choosing yourself.” 

A tender and grateful smile graced Parvati's lips as she wiped away the remnants of her tears. In Suyash's company, she always found a haven of understanding—a balm for her weary heart.