4

Chhaya was chatting with her fiance as she came near the window and suddenly her lips curved into a smirk as she caught sight of Parvati stepping out of Suyash's car. "Vikram, I will call you back later," saying that she ended her call. 

"Good morning, maa ji. Good morning Shilpa bhabhi," Parvati greeted her mother-in-law and elder sister-in-law, who were sitting on a sofa when she entered the Agarwal house. 

"Welcome home, Parvati beta," Vinita said with a smile, rising from the sofa. However, her expression quickly turned to concern as she noticed Parvati's tired face. "Parvati, you look exhausted, are you okay?"

Parvati smiled back at her. "Yes, maa ji, I'm fine. All I need is a little rest."

Chhaya who had stepped out of her room couldn't resist rolling her eyes at the scene. 

"I understand, you have been awake all night in the hospital to take care of Pallavi and Saahil, now you should have some good rest, Parvati," Vinita said. 

Shilpa got up and said, "I will prepare something for you to eat. I am sure you have not had anything and must be feeling hungry."

Parvati looked at Shilpa, her expression filled with pleasant surprise and a wave of happiness washed over her. It had been over a month since Shilpa had last spoken to her, ever since Suyash rejected Gaurav's proposal to take over the hotel project that Parvati had been diligently managing, but now, in this moment, it seemed like a glimmer of hope had emerged that her elder sister-in-law might had forgiven her. Her mind raced back to those memories. 

Parvati was heartbroken when Gaurav expressed his desire to lead the project. However, despite her disappointment, she graciously agreed to hand over the project to him without uttering a single word of objection, and both came to Suyash's office to discuss this matter further. 

When Gaurav informed Suyash that he wanted to take charge of the hotel project and have Parvati step down, Suyash glanced at Parvati, who was seated across the table next to Gaurav. She avoided making eye contact with Suyash, which struck him as odd. However, he didn't dwell on it and responded, "I'm sorry, Mr. Agarwal, but your request is unacceptable. Parvati ji is doing an excellent job, and I am satisfied with her work."

Gaurav was upset and stared at Suyash, while Parvati looked at Suyash, unsure of how to react. She didn't want to leave the project, but she also didn't want to upset her family.

Suyash continued, "before we signed our partnership deal, it was made clear who would be in charge of the project. Changing that now would be a breach of contract. Moreover, I have no desire to work with anyone other than Parvati ji. I don't believe anyone else is capable enough to lead this project. If you still insist on taking over, then our deal ends here, and your company will bear the losses."

"If you want Parvati to handle our project I am fine with it, Mr. Mehra," Gaurav said, suppressing his anger. He got up, put on a polite smile, and made his way out of the office, with Parvati trailing behind him.

Finally, it dawned on Suyash that there could be some sort of issue within Parvati's family.

The ride to Agarwal house was filled with tension as Gaurav remained silent and distant towards Parvati. On arriving home, Shilpa asked Gaurav, "what did Suyash Mehra say?"

"He believes I am incapable of managing the project and threatens to terminate the deal if Parvati backs off from the project," Gaurav responded, his voice dripping with frustration, before storming off to his room. It was a blow to Gaurav's ego that he, with more experience and seniority, was deemed unworthy compared to Parvati. 

Despite her husband having more experience and expertise in business, Suyash Mehra had chosen Parvati over him! This decision left Shilpa deeply upset, causing her to distance herself from Parvati, further deepening Parvati's distress.