20

Upon their arrival, Rishika greeted them with a warm smile and proceeded to examine Parvati. After a thorough check, she turned to Suyash with reassuring news,  "Suyash, you don't need to worry. Both Parvati and the baby are healthy. Her blood pressure is perfectly normal today, and she appears to be calm."

As Suyash heard this, a sense of relief flooded over him, and his face lit up with gratitude. Parvati looked at him tenderly, touched by his care for her.

"Parvati, it's important that you take care of yourself. Remember to take your medicines, eat well, and stay happy," Rishika advised.   "Pregnancy, despite its challenges, is a journey to be cherished. So take a step back, relax, and treasure every single moment."

Parvati and Suyash smiled at each other and then nodded at Rishika, agreeing with her.

When they stepped out of the hospital, Suyash felt a pressing need to discuss something important. “Parvati ji, there’s something on my mind that I’d like to talk to you about.”

Parvati, who also had some important matters to discuss, having been informed by Pallavi and Chhaya, replied, "I have something to share with you too, Mr. Mehra."

"How about we talk over a cup of coffee?" Suyash suggested.

She agreed, and they found themselves in a cozy café, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafting through the air as they settled into their seats. Once their orders were placed, Suyash, with a hint of curiosity, asked, “so what did you want to talk about?"

Parvati asked him calmly, "Mr. Mehra, I heard that you threatened my family when I fainted. Why did you do that? They might dislike you even more now."

Suyash remembered what Parvati had told him about her family not approving of their friendship. He gently replied, "Parvati ji, I'm not concerned about what your family thinks of me. The most important person to me right now is you." 

Parvati unknowingly smiled at Suyash, feeling loved and cared for. She looked at him with affection, creating a sweet and tender moment between them.

"You are the mother of my baby, so your health is important to me,"  Suyash confessed, his voice laced with affection. 

Parvati, feeling a mix of shyness and affection, momentarily averted her gaze before looking back at him with a gentle sweetness.

"I heard about the business deal you made to help Chhaya and Vikram stay engaged. You shouldn't have gone to such lengths, Mr. Mehra,” she said. 

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked with a smile. "Your family's problems were affecting you and our baby. I couldn't just do nothing. If you're upset that I got involved, then I apologize…"

“No, not at all, Mr. Mehra. I’m not upset; in fact, I’m deeply grateful for your help,” Parvati quickly clarified, eager to dispel any misinterpretation. Suyash  smiled in response. “But, I’m concerned about the repercussions for your company. The deal you’ve made must be substantial, and you didn't think about the financial consequences…"

“Parvati ji, in my pursuit of building a business empire, I’ve sacrificed true happiness once before. I do not want to make the same mistake again. This baby signifies a new chapter, a new family for me, and I will go to any lengths to protect it. Profits and losses are of little value when it comes to your and our baby’s happiness,” Suyash declared.

Parvati sighed, her heart filled with a complex blend of joy and concern. She admired Suyash’s efforts but also feared for his future. “Mr. Mehra, you have a tendency to take drastic measures without considering a middle ground. To build your empire, you lost your family, and now, in your effort to protect your family, you risk losing your hard-earned wealth,” she cautioned. “Life is about balance. Your business isn’t just yours; it belongs to Shikhar, Nikhil, and our unborn child as well. By neglecting your business, you’re harming not only your future but theirs too. And remember, you were the one who always said personal and professional lives should remain separate. So why mix them now?”