12

Parvati and Suyash were sitting in the waiting area, eagerly awaiting the completion of the sperm washing procedure before moving forward with the insemination process. They felt relieved when the reports from their previous medical tests showed everything was normal, and the day for the procedure had finally arrived. However, Parvati couldn't help but feel a little nervous amidst all the excitement.

Noticing Parvati's nervousness, Suyash gently asked, "feeling nervous?"

With a sweet nervous smile, Parvati replied, "just a little."

In an attempt to comfort her, he said, "I spoke to Rishika earlier, and she assured me that the procedure isn't painful..."

Shaking her head side to side, Parvati opened up, saying, "I'm not concerned about the pain. Even if it is painful, I would go through it willingly just to hold my baby in my arms... I'm just worried, Mr. Mehra..."

Worried? He stared at her with confusion.

"I'm worried... What if the first attempt doesn't succeed?" Parvati shared her thoughts that had been troubling her.

Suyash tenderly placed his hand on top of hers, which rested on her lap. He reassured her, saying, "didn't Rishika mention that we are both in good health and the likelihood of pregnancy is over 90 percent? So, stop worrying. Everything will be alright."

Parvati nodded with a smile, and Suyash said, "how about we focus on the positives rather than dwelling on negative thoughts? You know I've already chosen a name for our daughter."

Parvati's eyes lit up with joy. "Tell me what it is!"

Teasingly, Suyash replied, "not right now..." But, Parvati couldn't contain her excitement and pleaded, "come on, Mr.Mehra, you have to tell me, please..."

Right at that moment, a nurse approached Parvati and informed her, "ma'am, everything is prepared for the procedure. But before we begin, you'll need to change into the hospital gown. Please come along with me."

Parvati glanced at Suyash, who encouragingly said to her, "all the best!"

Parvati smiled at him and followed the nurse.

In the procedure room, Parvati put on a gown and was gently helped onto an examination table. She positioned her legs in stirrups while Rishika started the procedure. It took less than half an hour, and once it was done, Parvati lowered her legs and relaxed comfortably on the table. Rishika recommended resting for 15 minutes before Parvati could start walking on her legs.

As Rishika stepped out of the room, she bumped into Suyash who had patiently been waiting there. With a reassuring smile, she said, “no need to worry, everything went smoothly during the procedure. You'll be able to see Parvati in just a few minutes."

Suyash felt a wave of relief and gratefully responded, "thank you so much, Rishika.”

When Parvati stepped out of the room, she crossed paths with Suyash. Their eyes met, and for a brief moment, they both felt a tinge of awkwardness. Parvati looked down. After all, she had just been injected with Suyash's sperms; both felt almost as though she had attempted to get pregnant by him naturally.

With genuine concern, Suyash asked, "are you okay?" He tried to dismiss the awkwardness that lingered between them.

Finally, Parvati glanced at him and smiled, noticing the worry on his face as she had just gone through the procedure. She nodded in response, assuring him that she was fine.

ParYash said goodbye to Rishika and they waited outside the hospital while Parvati looked for her car. She called her chauffeur, who then told her that he had to go fix the car.