17

Gradually, Parvati regained consciousness as the doctor assessed her. The room swirled into focus, and she found herself surrounded by her concerned family. The lady doctor’s voice carried warmth as she addressed Parvati, “Mrs. Agarwal, I’m relieved you’re awake. Your dizziness was caused by fluctuating blood pressure. It seems that you are under a lot of stress. I've been informed that you are pregnant, your current health condition isn't good for the pregnancy, so please try your best to avoid stress."

The doctor turned to the Agarwals and said, “please make sure to take good care of her."

With those words, the doctor left the room, and the Agarwals looked at Parvati before exiting as well.

"Pallavi, bring her some food," Vinita instructed before walking away, leaving Pallavi to take care of Parvati.

As Parvati attempted to get up from bed, Pallavi urged her to lie down, saying, "bhabhi, please, you should stay lying down."

Leaning against the bed headboard, Parvati replied, "I'm okay..."

"No, you're not, bhabhi. Just look at yourself," Pallavi said with concern. "Don't get out of bed. I'll bring dinner for you."

Pallavi made her way to the main hall where the entire family was present, engulfed in sadness. Just then, Suyash walked in. The slight guilt that had lingered with the Agarwals was instantly replaced by anger upon seeing Suyash.

Suyash appeared worried, his eyes frantically scanning the mansion for Parvati. Without acknowledging the Agarwals, he directly headed toward Parvati's room.

“Unbelievable!” Gaurav was taken aback by Suyash's behavior, his face clearly displaying his disgust.

Parvati immediately sat up straight, astonished as Suyash abruptly barged in. He sat on the bed in front of Parvati. "How are you, Parvati ji?" he asked.

Parvati felt a rush of panic. Suyash should not be there—her family would strongly disapprove. “Mr. Mehra,” she stammered, her voice trembling, “what are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here! Please go…” Desperation clung to her words, and her eyes pleaded for him to understand.

Suyash’s hands found their way to her upper arms, holding her. “Parvati ji, please calm down. Pallavi informed me that you fainted. What happened? Please tell me,” Suyash said.

She calmed down as her eyes met his gaze and tears welled up in her eyes. Suyash, usually known for composure, looked different now. He appeared scared and worried for her. He grew anxious as he saw her distress. “Is everything alright in your life?” he asked, his voice was gentle. “Please tell me…”

Parvati was on the edge, emotions threatening to spill over. Suyash had never seen her this broken, miserable, and sad before. She longed to pour her heart out to him. Tears streamed down her face as she struggled to speak. 

“Please, Parvati ji…” Suyash pleaded. “Maybe I can help you. Please tell me what is going on…”

And then, as if a dam had burst, Parvati’s pain spilled forth. She believed that she could handle things on her own, but the truth was it had become overwhelmingly difficult. It had drained her to keep burying everything in her heart and putting on a brave face, especially in front of Suyash. She couldn’t pretend anymore. “Nothing is fine in my life, Mr. Mehra,” she confessed, her voice breaking. She leaned into him, her head resting on his chest, and she cried more.

Witnessing her broken state, Suyash felt numb for a moment. He could sense the depth of her agony, and it tore his own heart apart. The fabric of his waistcoat absorbed her tears, and his palm cradled the back of her head, allowing her to release all the pent-up emotions and cry her heart out.