8

Parvati was sitting on her bed, and reached out for her phone. She stared at Suyash's contact number displayed on the screen. She felt a strong urge to call him and hear his answer, but she resisted the temptation. 

Be patient, she reminded herself.

Setting her mobile back on the bedside table, she laid down on the bed, and her thoughts drift back to the day when she and Suyash's relationship changed from mere business partners to genuine friends.

Parvati stepped out of her car and kindly instructed her chauffeur, "please bring these toys and other presents inside the orphanage." With a nod, he obediently followed her instructions. 

As Parvati walked into the orphanage, a charming hostel-style building nestled amidst a beautiful garden, enclosed by tall walls. And to her delightful surprise, there was Suyash! He was joyfully playing a game of football with the kids.

"Parvati, I've missed seeing you these past few days!" exclaimed the in-charge of the orphanage, a sweet and caring elderly lady.

An apologetic smile crossed across Parvati's face and she responded, "I am sorry about that, aunty. I got caught up with work. A new hotel project has been keeping me occupied…"

"No need to apologize, my dear. You have been looking after the children at this orphanage like a dedicated mother," said the lady.

Parvati smiled and turned her attention to Suyash, who was happily playing with the kids. Her curiosity was sparked, and she couldn't help but ask, "does Mr. Mehra comes to this place often?"

The lady's face instantly brightened up, and she lovingly replied, "yes, my dear. He generously supports the expenses of these children, and often comes here to spend time with them. Do you know him?"

"Yes, aunty. He's actually my new business partner," Parvati replied with a smile, glancing at Suyash before returning her gaze to the lady in charge of the orphanage. "He's the one who keeps me busy with work at the office," she added, giggling, knowing how serious Suyash gets when it comes to business. She then handed the in-charge a cheque, saying, "this is for the kids, aunty, please take good care of them."

"Thank you so much, dear," the lady expressed gratefully, accepting the cheque from Parvati. "You and Mr.Suyash Mehra have truly been a blessing for these children. It seems like the government has unfortunately forgotten about them, but thankfully, kind souls like you both come to their help."

Parvati smiled warmly and said, "I will meet the kids."

Orphanage in-charge nodded her head and returned to her office. 

As Parvati approached, the children gathered around her with joy. 

Mrs.Agarwal? Suyash's surprise was evident on his face as he noticed her presence.  

"How is everyone doing?" Parvati asked in a loving manner. 

One of the kids couldn't contain the enthusiasm and eagerly asked, "Parvati auntie, did you bring us toys?" Another kid chimed in, reflecting his friend's enthusiasm, "and chocolates too?"

With a warm smile, Parvati replied, "yes, I brought gifts for everyone."

"Yay! Thank you, Parvati auntie!" The children happily hopped around like little frogs, joyfully screaming, and ran away.

Suyash shouted, "hey guys, what about our football game!?'' But his words fell on deaf ears as the kids rushed into the building, eager to open their gifts. Parvati giggled, and Suyash playfully teased her, saying, "Mrs. Agarwal, you ruined our game." 

Parvati was slightly taken aback by his claims and asked in a playful tone, "why are you accusing me? What did I do?" 

"If you didn't lure the kids with your gifts, they would have played with me instead," Suyash replied.