11

Parvati had a difficult time falling asleep last night. As Parvati had a rough night, struggling to get a good night's sleep, so she ended up waking up pretty late. When she glanced at the clock, she was surprised to see that it was already close to nine in the morning. However, she just couldn't gather the energy to start her day. She felt down and her heart was burdened by whatever had occurred the previous night. What bothered her even more was the idea of discussing with Suyash about canceling their agreement.

She shifted to her side and nestled into her duvet. Holding back tears, she replayed the conversation with Suyash in her mind before signing the contract – his heartfelt desire for a child and the longing for a family to carry on his life. The thought of breaking Suyash's heart pained her deeply, and she genuinely didn't want to hurt him, but she had no choice. She believed that it was for the best, for everyone involved.

She let out a sigh, and pushing aside the guilt prickling her heart, she dragged herself out of bed.

After quickly taking a shower and getting herself ready, Parvati stepped out of her room. 

Smilingly, Pallavi greeted her, "good morning, bhabhi."

Parvati reciprocated the greeting with a smile. Glancing around the empty hall, she realized that everyone had likely finished breakfast since it was already 10 AM.

"I was about to bring breakfast to your room," Pallavi said, guiding Parvati to the dining table. "You sit here, bhabhi, I'll bring your breakfast."

Parvati felt relieved that Pallavi didn't appear to be upset with her. Pallavi returned shortly with breakfast, served it to Parvati and took a seat opposite her.

Pallavi smiled as she watched Parvati eat her breakfast. While the rest of their family members were unhappy with Parvati's decision, Pallavi was overjoyed. From the very beginning of the business partnership between the Mehras and Agarwals, she had secretly hoped for Parvati and Suyash to be together. Her thoughts drifted back to the morning's conversation at the dining table.

“Maa, I'm surprised at how easily you agreed to marry off Parvati bhabhi to Suyash Mehra," Chhaya said with a tinge of jealousy. "It seems like you love Parvati bhabhi more than your own daughter. Do you remember when everyone was totally against mine and Vikram’s relationship?"

"You're absolutely right, Chhaya! Everyone was against you…" Pallavi interrupted her. "When we found out about your relationship with Vikram, everyone disapproved except Parvati bhabhi. She stood by your side and convinced everyone to accept you and Vikram."

Chhaya developed feelings for her classmate Vikram, and when everyone found out about their relationship, the Agarwals were disheartened, believing that love marriages were inappropriate. However, Parvati stood by Chhaya and supported her.

"It would be nice if you could repay her kindness by being supportive now, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from an ungrateful soul like you," Pallavi said.

"Shut up, Pallavi!" Chhaya snapped in anger. "You always side with Parvati bhabhi..."

"And you're always against Parvati bhabhi!" Pallavi retorted. "I can't understand why you hold so much animosity towards her when she hasn't done a thing to provoke such vengeance from you."

“You two! Stop it!" Vinita scolded them, and Pallavi and Chhaya fell silent. She continued, saying, "Chhaya, I suggested the idea of Parvati marrying Suyash because I believe it's more beneficial for our reputation than having Parvati wandering around with his child without being wedded.”

"Bhabhi won't agree with the idea of getting married, and honestly, I don't think there's any relationship between bhabhi and Mr. Mehra," Kamal said.

"But people won't stop gossiping about the pregnancy once they find out…" Gaurav added, with disgust.