Chapter 77: Justice For My Son

Magdalena was taken into custody by the authorities, who had finally arrived at the scene of the chaos and destruction.

But as she was being led away, she noticed a small opportunity to escape.

With a swift movement, she pulled out a small gun from her pocket and used it to distract the authorities.

The sudden burst of gunfire sent the officers scattering, and Magdalena took advantage of the chaos to make a break for it.

She fought off the officers who tried to apprehend her using her gun.

Finally, she managed to break free and make a run for it, gun still in hand.

As she ran through the streets, Magdalena's determination only grew stronger. She had to find Astrid, and she had to find Thomas.

Magdalena's escape was a narrow one, but she managed to evade the authorities and make it back to the safety of the woods to look for Astrid.

She ran as fast as she could, her heart pounding in her chest, until she finally reached the familiar cover of the trees.

As she caught her breath, she looked around, taking in the dark and quiet of the forest. She knew that she couldn't stay here for long, but for now, it was a safe haven.

Meanwhile, back at the palace, a bell rang out, signaling that an execution was about to take place.

The sound echoed through the halls, sending a chill down the spines of those who heard it.

But Astrid was oblivious to the commotion, her eyes fixed on Thomas' corpse as she clung to Stella's hands.

The two of them had managed to escape the chaos and destruction, but they knew that they couldn't stay here for long.

Astrid's eyes were red and puffy from crying, but she was determined to get away from the city and its dark secrets.

She knew that Stella was right by her side, and together they could face whatever lay ahead.

As they ran through the woods, Astrid's grip on Stella's hand tightened. She could feel her daughter's small hand trembling in hers, and it gave her strength.

They ran as fast as they could, their footsteps quiet on the forest floor. They didn't stop until they reached the edge of the woods, where they could see the distant lights of a village.

Astrid's heart sank as she looked out at the village. She knew that they couldn't stay there, not with Eleanor and Aiden still out there somewhere. But she also knew that they couldn't stay in the woods forever.

As she looked at Stella's scared face, Astrid knew that she had to make a decision. They could try to find a way to clear their names and start anew, or they could keep running and never look back.

But for now, all Astrid knew was that they had to keep moving. They had to keep running from the darkness that had consumed them all.

With a deep breath, Astrid turned and pulled Stella along with her. They disappeared into the night, leaving behind the chaos and destruction of the city.

Magdalena's heart was racing as she ran through the village, her mind reeling with the news that Matt might be executed. She had to get to the palace, to see it for herself.

As she approached the palace, she could hear the sound of people gathering and murmuring in hushed tones.

She burst through the crowd and into the palace, her eyes scanning the scene before her.

She saw the authorities preparing for an execution, and her heart skipped a beat. Matt was standing on the execution stage, a calm and peaceful look on his face.