Chapter 41: Run Away

Astrid and Thomas, their hearts pounding with adrenaline, burst out of the dense bushes, hoping to find safety and freedom.

But their hopes were quickly shattered as they found themselves surrounded by a group of ten guards, their weapons at the ready.

Fear gripped their chests as they realized escape seemed impossible.

In a desperate attempt to defuse the situation, Thomas raised his hands in surrender and shouted, "Don't shoot! We mean no harm!" His voice trembled with a mixture of fear and urgency, pleading for their lives to be spared.

The guards hesitated for a moment, their eyes narrowing with suspicion.

But their duty compelled them to act swiftly, and they closed in on the couple.

Astrid's eyes widened with terror as she felt strong hands grabbing onto her arms, restraining her freedom.

"LET ME GO!" Astrid's voice cracked with a mixture of anger and desperation.

She struggled against their grip, her voice rising in a piercing scream.

Her heart raced, knowing that her pleas might fall on deaf ears.

Thomas, his mind racing, felt panic welling up inside him.

He looked around, searching frantically for any means of escape. But with each passing second, it became clear that their chances were slipping away.

Fear mingled with determination in Thomas' eyes as he locked gazes with Astrid.

His voice trembled, but carried a fierce determination as he shouted, "Astrid, stay strong! We'll find a way through this. Trust me!" His words carried a flicker of hope amidst the chaos that surrounded them.

The guards, unmoved by their pleas, began to forcefully separate Astrid and Thomas, their grip tightening.

Astrid's screams grew louder, her voice a desperate plea for freedom.

Thomas fought against the guards, his panic escalating as he realized the worst of their situation.

As their paths diverged, Astrid and Thomas clung to each other's gaze.