Chapter 82: Magdalena and Astrid

Magdalena stormed through the dark, deserted alleys of the old town, her eyes scanning the cobblestone streets as if she could see Astrid and Thomas' corpse to appear before her.

She had been searching for what felt like hours, but every door she pushed open, every window she checked, came up empty.

She had been so sure she knew where Astrid would go. She had seen the way Astrid had looked at Thomas.

Magdalena had assumed that Astrid would want to keep Thomas close, to hold onto him as a reminder of their twisted bond.

But where was she?

Magdalena's anger was growing by the minute.

She had wanted to reason with Astrid, to explain that Thomas was dead, that he was gone and would never be coming back.

Now, Magdalena's heart was racing with fear. She knew that Astrid was capable of anything, and if she had Thomas' corpse with her... Magdalena didn't want to think about what Astrid might do.

As she turned a corner, Magdalena spotted a figure in the distance. Her heart skipped a beat as she sprinted towards it, her hands grasping for something - anything - to hold onto.

But as she approached, she saw that it was just a street performer, juggling clubs and spinning plates on a makeshift stand.

Magdalena's anger boiled over as she realized that it wasn't Astrid at all.

"Where is she?" Magdalena demanded, her voice low and menacing.

The street performer looked up at her, startled. "Who are you talking about?" he asked.

Magdalena's grip on her arm tightened. "Astrid," she growled. "I know you've seen her. You're always watching people around here. Where is she?"

The street performer took a step back, his eyes darting nervously around the street. "I haven't seen anyone like that," he said hastily.

Magdalena's anger reached a boiling point. She grabbed the street performer's arm and pulled him close. "Listen to me," she hissed. "I don't care who you are or what you do. If you know where Astrid is, you'll tell me. Right now."

The street performer's eyes widened in fear as he nodded frantically. "I-I don't know what you're talking about," he stammered.

Magdalena's grip tightened until the street performer winced in pain. "Don't lie to me," she spat. "I'll find out where Astrid is, even if it takes me all night."

With a final glare, Magdalena released the street performer and stormed off into the darkness, determined to find Astrid and reclaim Thomas' corpse before it was too late.

She was a force to be reckoned with, and everyone knew it. Her eyes blazed with anger, her face set in a scowl.

As she turned a corner, a group of guards emerged from the shadows, their eyes fixed on her.

One of them stepped forward, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"Magdalena," he said, his voice firm but respectful. "We've been sent to escort you to the palace. The Emperor has been searching for you everywhere."

Magdalena's anger was still simmering just below the surface, but she didn't bother trying to hide it.

She snarled, her voice low and menacing. "I don't need your help," she spat. "I can take care of myself."

But the guards didn't back down. In fact, they seemed to be expecting this reaction. They moved closer, forming a protective circle around her.

"With respect," the lead guard said, "it's not safe for you to be out here alone. We'll ensure your safety and see you safely to the palace and we can help you find your son"