Chapter 40: Escape

In the bedroom, Ezekiel and Astrid lay entangled in a tangled mess of sheets and unspoken emotions.

Astrid's fearful eyes darted around the room, her heart pounding against her chest. Ezekiel, on the other hand, seemed to be in a state of heightened desire, his hands roaming restlessly over Astrid's trembling body.

"Please, don't," Astrid whispered, her voice barely audible, her plea falling on deaf ears as Ezekiel continued his advances.

In a sudden burst of anger and frustration, he slapped her, the force of his hand leaving a stinging mark on her cheek. Astrid winced in pain, her eyes welling up with tears.

Ezekiel's actions escalated, becoming increasingly violent.

He tore Astrid's clothes off, leaving her exposed and vulnerable.

"THOMAS!" Astrid yelled, which made Ezekiel cover her muffle screams, and he starts forcibly kissing her.

As she tried to scream out for help, Thomas, who was in the kitchen, heard her cries and dropped the glass he was washing.

Concerned, he rushed to the bedroom, only to find Ezekiel on top of Astrid, his hands all over her.

Thomas wasted no time in intervening. He charged at Ezekiel, punching him repeatedly until the Ezekial finally fell unconscious to the floor.

With Astrid in his arms, Thomas hurriedly made their escape, the sound of their hurried footsteps echoing through the house.

As they fled, five guards heard the commotion and gave chase.

However, Thomas, still clinging to Astrid, managed to outmaneuver them, leading the two deeper into the forest.

They eventually found refuge in a thicket of bushes, where Astrid collapsed onto Thomas' chest, sobbing uncontrollably.

As the night wore on, Thomas held Astrid close, offering her comfort and prayers, their shared silence speaking volumes about the harrowing experience they had just survived.