Chapter 60: Chased

NELSON'S POV

I found myself in a humble shelter, hidden away from the prying eyes of the authorities.

My life had taken a peculiar turn, leading me to the art of crafting potions, each one imbued with spiritual energy.

These concoctions were my secret, something I could not let the world know about.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, showing long shadows across the forest floor, I began my work.

The light of flickering candles illuminated my makeshift laboratory, a small corner of my shelter.

I carefully gathered the herbs, roots, and other ingredients, each one meticulously chosen for their unique properties.

With a deep breath, I started the process, chanting ancient incantations as I combined the elements.

The air was thick with anticipation as I stirred the brews, feeling the energy flow through my hands and into the potions.

Despite my best efforts to remain inconspicuous, word of my activities somehow reached the authorities.

As I was engrossed in my work, I heard the ominous creaking of boots on the damp earth outside my shelter.

My heart raced as I tried to hide my potions, but it was too late. The men in uniform had found me.

With a stern glare and a demand for an explanation, I was left with no choice but to flee.

My heart ached as I left behind the only home I had known for months, and I ran deep into the fields, hoping to lose my pursuers.

The night air was cold, but it was the fear that truly bit at my bones.

As I hid amongst the tall stalks of wheat, I could still hear the distant shouts of the authorities, their voices echoing in my mind.

I knew that they would not stop until they had captured me or found evidence of my spiritual potions.

Days turned into weeks, and the fear never left me. I was constantly on the move, setting up temporary shelters and working on my potions in secret.

The taste of freedom was bitter, tainted by the constant fear of being caught.

I still hear their voices, "IF YOU SEE HIM, EXECUTE HIM RIGHT AWAY"