CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THIRTY-EIGHT

PUBERTY IS GOING TO BE A BITCH
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

PUBERTY IS GOING TO BE A BITCH✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A few hours later, Seraphina and Sirius were seated on the floor outside the room. Due to a silencing charm, they had absolutely no idea what was going on inside the room which both came as a comfort — since they didn't have to hear Lily's cries — and made the entire thing unbearable.

Outside the sun had yet to rise — meaning they were still in the early morning hours of 31 July — and Seraphina simply hoped the child would be born soon because she couldn't stay there forever. She'd left a bag at the Burrow and promised to get back there and then she had to be back at the Malfoy Manor by noon to avoid any questions.

Both Sera and Sirius found themselves drifting off to sleep every now and then as they waited. Though Seraphina tried to stay awake — not able to let herself relax — whereas Sirius had the best sleep he'd had for ages even if it was short.

Seraphina leaned her head against his, back against the wall and one leg bent. One of Sirius's hands held onto hers tightly like he was afraid she'd disappear if he let go. To pass the time, Seraphina played with one of the rings Sirius wore — that she assumed was a replacement of the signet ring he'd thrown away.

This truly felt like an entirely different life than the one she'd been living the past year. And had it not been for Rhea, Seraphina would have been so tempted to stay. To tell Dumbledore that she didn't want to be his spy anymore — because being away from her loved ones was tearing her apart.

"How long is this supposed to take?" Sirius asked drowsily as when woke up.

"Some are lucky and it only takes like an hour," Seraphina said, grimacing as she added, "For others it takes two days."

"Two days!" Sirius exclaimed in horror. "That's one dramatic entrance to the world."

"Definitely," Seraphina chuckled, thinking about her little drama queen. When she felt Sirius's intense gaze on her, Seraphina turned her head to meet it, "What?"

"Every time I look at you — it's like falling in love with you for the first time again," Sirius murmured.

"That's so cheesy," Seraphina laughed, even if the words brought a warmth to her chest. "I expected better from you Black."

"Did you really?" Sirius grinned and for a moment everything felt completely normal. Grey eyes flickered down to her lips and Seraphina subconsciously leaned forward, meeting him halfway.

It was the first kiss in over a year that wasn't fuelled by desperation or sadness. It felt like old times. Though the tenderness of the kiss didn't last forever. Her hands tangled in his lustrous black hair — she was definitely the only one that could mess up his beloved hair without risking his fury.