CHAPTER THREE

YOU LITTLE SNAKE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU LITTLE SNAKE✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Aah, Miss Weasley!" Professor Slughorn said in his normal jovial tone, "Such a splendid example of the Befuddlement Draught. Ten points to Slytherin."

Seraphina could almost hear Sirius eye roll behind her when she smiled and thanked the potions Professor. "Oh and Miss Evans, too," Slughorn praised the other red haired girl, "Soon I will have to separate the two of you to give someone else a chance."

"Teacher's pets," Sirius coughed behind them but Seraphina ignored him. A big part of their friendship was insults, sarcastic comments and being mean to each other.

"I can only assume you have heard that I have special club for my best students," Slughorn told them, "and I would be delighted if you two wanted to join us for our next gathering."

"We would be honoured, Professor," Lily gave him a kind smile and Sera nodded along although she really didn't have any wish to attend. But Slughorn had always been kind to her so she supposed she owed him this one.

He gave them a jovial laugh before continuing to check on everyone's potions, finding faults in almost all of them. "Soooooo," James leaned forward on the bench behind them, "Lilypad, I have heard that it's custom to bring a date to Old Sluggy's events-"

"Oh right, I had forgotten about that," Lily said turning towards her, "Seraphina, would you honour me by being my date to the next Slug Club party?"

"I would be the honoured one," Seraphina said in a dramatic way, wiping away a fake tear.

"Traitor," James whispered, sending an accusing glare towards Seraphina before going back to doing absolutely nothing productive as usual.

When class ended they all packed up their books and Seraphina was about to walk out of the classroom when Slughorn called for her, "Miss Weasley, could you stay a moment?"

She shared a look with Lily before walking over to Slughorn's desk where he was seated, writing something on a parchment. She stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

"As you may now Steve Laughalot graduated last year," Slughorn started, placing his quill down to look at her.

"Yes, I remember," she nodded, remembering how intense the Quidditch Captain had been last year, determined to win during his last year at Hogwarts, "Despite his name he did not laugh-a-lot."

Slughorn chuckled at her comment, "Oh yes, a very serious boy that one. But I've heard he's got an audition to play for the Ballycastle Bats and his presence will be missed greatly on the team. But we can't get hung up on that which is why it's my job to find a new Captain. You."