CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THIRTY-FIVE

WHAT PRECISELY DID THIS PROPHECY SAY?
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

WHAT PRECISELY DID THIS PROPHECY SAY?✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Is there a particular reason you're sitting on the floor?" Tom questioned when he entered the drawing room of the Malfoy Manor to find the red haired woman on the floor by the fireplace, petting Lucius's dogs. 

"Because Lucius has a 'no dogs on the furniture' rule," Seraphina said in a duh-tone. Then she smiled back at the dog whose head rested in her lap while the other one laid beside her.

It had been a particularly pleasant surprise when she discovered that Lucius Malfoy owned two Irish Wolfhounds named Nemesis and Vulcan. Lyra warned her that the dogs were very hostile and tended to jump at strangers that attempted to approach them, but Seraphina managed to win their trust.

"I believe those are guard dogs — not pets," Tom looked down at them distastefully as he approached her, hands folded behind his back.

"I could say the same about some of your associates, but they are still let inside," Seraphina muttered, gently nudging Vulcan's head from her lap. Holding up a hand, she gave him an expectant look, waiting for him to help her stand. Somewhat reluctantly, Tom did just that and pulled Sera to her feet.

"How is Rhea?" Tom questioned, since he hadn't been to the Malfoy residence for over two weeks. Had Seraphina ever seen a single copy of the Daily Prophet these last few months she would have known what kept him so busy.

"She's well," Seraphina replied, always a little discomforted by him asking about her daughter even though she hid it well by now. She'd learned to not let Voldemort's presence bother her but the thought of him anywhere near her daughter always caused warning bells to ring inside her head. "Growing for each day."

"Good, good," he hummed, mind clearly elsewhere. "And your strength is returning more and more for each day, I assume?"

"It is," Seraphina nodded. Being pregnant had restricted her powers a lot and over four months after giving birth to Rhea, she had nearly returned to the state she was before. Magic with a wand was no issue — even during pregnancy— but wandless magic was straining and still pretty limited. "Though I wouldn't expect me to fly around like a dragon anytime soon."

Another discovery Seraphina had made through research and experience was that she could control the size of the dragon she turned into. Her gift was extremely rare, even for a descendant of Merlin, and there were only documented rumours of Merlin being able to transform into a dragon. It required an insane amount of willpower and strength and the larger dragon she tried to turn into, the more energy it drained. So far, her record before becoming pregnant was the size of a small cat.

"I'll have to manage without it then," he responded drily.

"Is there any particular reason you're gracing me with your presence today, Tom?" Seraphina asked, sitting down on an armchair, crossing one leg over the other. Only before he could respond, there was a careful knock on the wooden doors.