↪07

Third person
Pov

"That's what I'm saying, Like why?"

The adorable red haired couldn't quite place his finger on it, but this girl seemed very familiar to him, and it was another reason he was so ecstatic about seeing her. He wasn't the best extrovert in the room, rather he was more conceded and rarely talked to new people. He social anxiety would never allow that. Even in the death, that didn't falter and he only knew a couple of souls because of Hyunjin's outgoing nature.

"Hey girl, what did you do last before you died?" the orange haired mused, his fingers still whisking through Taeri's hair.

"Nothing, cause I'm not dead!" Taeri moved away from him. It was getting frustrating how they'd just call death like that, like it was something simple. She hated that word and was trying hard to control herself not to have an outburst. "Its a dream. This is a dream. Just a fucking dream. My fucking dream, you're not allowed to boss me around! Cause I'm in charge!"

"Oops, someone's mad," the redhead sniggered.

"Oh maybe her hair is black cause she's still in denial? Remember your hair took longer to turn red," Hyunjin was unfazed by Taeri's words, his attention on his shorter friend.

Taeri got upset by the fact that whatever she said was being ignored. This orange was being a total jerk and he made the first guy she encountered seem nice. The black haired stormed off, away from both boys who were distracted, trying to think of the reason why her hair wasn't colourful.

"Stupid cheeks, stupid Hyunjin or whatever," She huffed, going further away until she was soon approaching the mountains. Taeri sighed, eyes gazing at the valley that laid beneath the huge rocks. It seemed odd but she felt like she was being called to the other side, little whispers hypnotizing her mind, luring her in.

The black haired was about to take the first step when she felt a tight grasp around her arm, tugging her away from the path.

It took a while but the whispers in her head soon died down and she could hear faintly as the orange haired complained. “Are you listening to me?” his voice still sounded a bit distant, and he appeared blurry. “Just come with me,” he gruffed, his hold still strong causing Taeri to walk along with him without much struggle.

“Is she broken?” The shorter peered closer to Taeri, waving his hand to gain her attention.

And that seemed to do the trick, Cause Taeri snapped out of it, looking around her perplexedly. “How did I get here? What did you do to me?”

“Relax girl, it-”

“Teari. My name is Taeri.”

“That's a cute name,” the redhead beamed. “I'm Han!”

Taeri waved lightly at him, not knowing what to say next. She heaved in a deep sigh, closing her eyes tight.

Both boys observed her, trying to grasp why she decided to stay still. “Um.. What are you doing?” Hyunjin asked.

“I'm trying to wake up, don't interrupt me.”

“The dead don't just wake up,” Han put out, now sitting cross-legged on the soft grass, his head tilted up a bit, wincing when the sunlight attacked his eyes.

Taeri grunted. “I'm not dead. My alarm woke me up last time, I went to school and lived my normal life and when I fell asleep again, I was back here,” she looked around the ever do serene scape. “Where is this place?”

“Purgatory,” Hyunjin shrugged listlessly.

--------------• ° -💛- ° •---------------

What does ‘gate’ reminds you of?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💝