60. Billie Jean

Yeon Yi-joo

“I really wanted to do this sooner, Thank you for taking care of me”, I bowed at Sujin's parents after giving them the fruits I bought for them.

As soon as we returned from the song camp, I stopped at the guesthouse and made my way to Sujin's place. When I got discharged from the hospital, they took care of me and I had to thank them for that.

That was just an excuse, to be honest. I had something really important to tell them, and considering the limited time I had left in my hands. I needed to have a closure. I had mentally given up on finding the reason of mom and dad's breakup. I shifted to my plan B.

“It was nothing child. I'm glad that you are alright now”, grandpa gave me a head pat while smiling at me.

“You are like our daughter Yijoo-ya", Grandma gave me a quick hug.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Grandma.

I smiled back at them, holding my tears back.

“Sujin-ah, can I get some cold water?”, I asked Sujin who was standing beside me.

“Give me a minute”, with that, she ran into the kitchen.

I gazed towards the kitchen making sure that she was far enough, I spoke, “I actually wanted to tell you both about something”.

The couple looked at me curiously.

“As you both know, Sujin is really great at playing guitar and music in general. She had a spark in her eyes when she was performing on the festival. If she ever wants to give up on music, please guide her. Her skills are too good to be wasted”

My words seemed to confuse them. It was out of nowhere for them, but I had to tell them about it. I was not going to be here forever. I wanted mom to live her life without worrying about anything. I knew my grandparents were understanding enough to let her do whatever she wants.

“I'm actually leaving soon. It would be hard for us to meet again, so—”

I paused my words as the sound of glass shattering filled our ears.

“You're leaving?”

It was Sujin.

✨🍉

"Yul-ah!!!!!!!"

Hyunyul was already standing, waving his hand at the location he asked me to meet after meeting Sujin. Ever since Sujin heard about me leaving, she was a crying mess. I couldn't tell her the truth either, so I made up a fake story about going abroad for studies, also that my mom was waiting for me (which wasn't really a lie) so I needed to get back as soon as possible.

I wasn't really in a mood to hang out because I was tired mentally and also physically, but knowing I only a limited time to spend with him, I couldn't say no to him. Every single second here was precious for me. No way I'd waste it by taking a rest.

No sooner I had spotted him, I ran towards his direction, wrapping my arms around his waist as I reached. His body froze at the unexpected skin ship.

“An-a jwo", I looked up at him, with a pout on my face. And then he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I buried my face in his chest, closing my eyes, listening to his steady heartbeat, it made me feel so much better.(Hug me)

Pulling apart after a while, I questioned, “where are we going?”

“You'll see once we reach," he replied with a smirk, pulling out his left hand held behind him as if he were hiding something since the beginning.