6. Father

Ha Yi-chan was going to the police station to settle the complaint regarding the accident. He asked Yi-joo's mother, Sujin to tag along since he needed an interpreter, and she knew sign language as Sujin was his wife's close friend.

Byeongho's mother was furious, and she ended up telling Yi-chan about seeing Eungyeol near the bar.

I'm going to see it with my own eyes”

“Let's go together”, Sujin ended up going to the club with Yi-chan.

Little did she know, her daughter was there too.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Yeon Yi-joo

Meeting Ahjussi at the club and receiving mom's message at the same time scared the hell out of me.

Did she find out?

I was going to come clean with everything tomorrow. But her getting to know about it from a third person was the last thing I wanted.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw all my albums on the floor. I had them hidden under my bed. Mother was sitting on the sofa.

I fucked up.

Eomma let me explain-”

“Explain me what Yi-joo? How could you?” Her voice was calm, just like the sea waves before a storm.

“I know you hate music, but what about me? I want to be an idol, eomma. You never liked it, you never supported me. I don't understand why you hate it, but eomma, I will debut. I even got accepted into MJ Entertainments. President Oh Majoo said I'll debut as soon as you sign the co-”, I couldn't complete my words as I felt a burning sensation on my cheek.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH”

She slapped me. For the first time in my whole life.

“I trusted you. I always let you do whatever the hell you wanted to. The only thing I asked you was to stay away from music. Was that hard?” She screamed at me.

Eomma”, my eyes began to water.

“Why that company?” She murmured something.

I just wanted to pay you back by earnings a lot. I know you work so hard just for me. Can't you just sign? I promise I'll listen to you”, I pleaded.

That won't work, Yi-joo. I still can't believe that you did something like that behind my back-”

“BUT THAT'S BECAUSE OF YOU EOMMA”, I lost my cool.

Only if she told me the reason for her hating music.

It was you who started this, eomma. You keep secrets from me. How do you expect me to be truthful towards you, when you are clearly not?”

Eomma walked back as if she were regretting about everything. I knew it was a forbidden topic, but it couldn't be forbidden forever. I had to confront her.

“You'll find the answers here”, she brought me an old diary from her room and walked towards the door wearing her heels.

She opened the door but before leaving she turned back, looking at me, “It's Oh Majoo, you father”