33. Confusion and Confession

Yeon Yi-joo

“For goodness’ sake, open already”, I hissed, slamming the water bottle I had in my hands on the table. It's been almost 5 minutes since I was trying to open it.

Eonni!!!!!!!”

I looked up and saw Sujin running towards me with a smile. Normally, I would smile to her, but I was in no mood for flashing her a smile. She took the bottle from my hands and opened it in a second, making my jaw drop. She took a sip and gave it back to me, “Now tell me, what's up with your mood?”, She asked me, as if she could read what's going inside my mind.

But before I could answer, Chungha came near us, running and gave me her book, monitoring me to read it.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚈𝚒-𝚓𝚘𝚘. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙴𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚢𝚎𝚘𝚕 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝. 𝚈𝚒-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚡 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚈𝚒-𝚓𝚘𝚘…

I and Sujin looked up at Chungha once we read the content. “It's totally fine. I understand and you know? I'm glad that he was with you. Instead, I am supposed to thank you that you saved Yi-chan that day”, I smiled at her.

“But why do you look sad?” Chungha questions.

Am I that obvious?

Sujin was looking at us, utterly lost. She couldn't get a word of our conversation because of the sign language. Chungha seemed to sense that and wrote the question she asked me in her book and showed Sujin. Sujin took the book and wrote,

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛!

Now tell”, Sujin and Chungha, both were looking at me with a curious expression.

It's Choi Sekyung," I confessed, using both, normal talking and sign language. “She keeps-”

Yahhhh! Stop right there!!!!!!!!!”

My words were cut off by Sekyung who was chasing Eungyeol. I sighed, giving up the explanation as the girls already understood what I meant.

𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜?

I nodded at Chungha's words, written on the book. I was jealous of Sekyung. There was always this kind of uneasy feeling whenever Sekyung would speak to any of my friends. As if I were anxious that she'd take away my friends. I knew it was stupid, but I couldn't shake away that feeling. Especially when she was around Hyunyul or Eungyeol. Ever since I met Eungyeol in the morning, I couldn't even get any chance to have a conversation with him. Whenever I tried to talk to him, she'd be with him. Making it impossible for me to ask him about what happened.