17. Fool me

Yeon Yi-joo

"I don't know what to do anymore", I took a bite of the blueberry ice cream while telling him about the whole Eungyeol drama happened three days back.

I hated the way he spoke to me that night but my anger subsided as time passed. He's been avoiding me since then and God knows why he was doing that.

Was he feeling guilty? Most probably, yes. But still I would prefer him to come and talk to me face to face instead of hiding.

"He was crying so much that day you know", Yi-chan stole my icecream thinking I was not paying attention but I hit on his shoulders and took it back.

"Yahh! Just one bite", he whined.

"Nope, buy another one"

"I brought you this", he pointed at the ice cream dramatically, as I rolled my eyes totally ignoring him.

"But it's so frustrating. He could just come to me", I sighed thinking about Eungyeol.

"I have an idea", a playful smirk appeared on Yi-chan's face.

"And what's that?"

We both almost had a mini heart attack when Hyunyul jumped out of no where.

"GoOd tiMiNG", Yi-chan exclaimed in his Korean English accent as he pulled Hyunyul into the master plan he had in his mind.

"I don't agree. He'll literally cry again", I shook my head after listening to Yi-chan's plan.

"Ani, let's do this. He also made you cry, remember?", Hyunyul gazed at me, seriously.

"I don't kno-"

"Yes, you do. Remember when you said, you'll grant me a wish if I find you a part time job?"

Of course I do.

"Don't feel guilty, Yi-joo. I mean how dare he made our pretty lady cry. This Superman will take your avenge", Yi-chan did a Superman pose making us burst into laughter.

I agreed to their plan which was lying to Eungyeol that I left the guesthouse which will make him come to me. So everyone took their positions. Hyunyul went to tell him about it. Yi-chan ran to the guesthouse to hide my stuff in his room and I was supposed to stay without doing anything different from my daily schedule as Yi-chan instructed me which will help Eungyeol find me easily.

I was done with my job for the day so I got changed and headed to the park where I used to teach Yi-chan singing as usual. When I reached there, I saw Yi-chan hiding behind the bushes wearing a green hoddie, trying to blend in the background. I controlled my laughter as I realised that he was getting attention of every single person who was walking near him.

"Yijoo-ya", I turned around when I saw Eungyeol. He was catching his breath, sweating like crazy.

I stood silent, following Yi-chan's plan.

"I'm sorry. I fucked up. I shouldn't have spoken like that. I shouldn't have pulled you like that. It was my fault. Please come back. I promise I'll never do it again", he apologized.

I pulled out the most serious face and gazed at him for a moment before speaking, "It's too late, I-".

I was caught off guard when Eungyeol bursted into tears and fell on his knees, hiding his face. I looked at Yi-chan who had same reaction as mine as I rushed, "Yah Ha Eungyeol. It's all lie. Yi-chan made me do this. I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm so sorry"

"Do you forgive me?", He whimpered, still hiding his face as Yi-chan and Hyunyul ran towards us.

"Of course I do. In fact, I already forgave you the next morning. You kept ignoring me so I couldn't do anything", I explained.

He slowly lifted up his head as I looked at his face, "Are you the only one who knows how to act?"

"W-What?", It took me some time to process his words.

No way.

He was acting too.

"I thought you really left until I reached guesthouse. I saw your lyrics book which you could never forget and then grandma confirmed that Yi-chan was behind it", Eungyeol grinned.

"Ah! Grandma!", Yi-chan pouted and Hyunyul let out a small laugh which was barely heard but I caught it.

"I'm taking my best friend. We have a lot to catch up, don't we?", Eungyeol placed his hand over my shoulder as I nodded at his words with a smile, I missed him.

"Let's go", Eungyeol started running pulling me away from the other two.

"What about me?", screamed Yi-chan, refering to his practice.

"I'll be back soon", I screamed back waving them a goodbye.

"But tomorrow is the audition", his voice faded as we were getting far from them.

"I'M SORRYYYY!!"