44. Honestly I......?

Yeon Yi-joo
D-2

"It's B major, right?" Saebum confirms after listening to me play the background track of love poem.

"Yes, do you want me to play it again?"

"Ani, it's recorded here", he points his head and warms up his hands to play it by himself.

"Are you sure?" I still asked him because there's no way he'd get that in one go unless he's a genius.

"Yup, let's practice it"

"With metronome? For the first few tries?" I questioned.

"Cool with me. Let me set it up. It's around 125 bpm something, right?"

"It's 124 bpm"

And we started with our first practice for love poem. It went smoother than I had expected. And I was surprised seeing Saebum hitting every single note perfectly without even listening to the song for more than one time.

We practiced a few more times and took a small ramyeon break. It was past midnight and Majoo was sleeping soundly on the sofa while listening to us practice. It was only the three of us who were present in the practice room.

"What's the inspiration for this song?" Saebum gazed at me, curiously.

"I lived a delighted life. But, the people I cared weren't really happy and there was nothing I could do for them. So I wrote this one, hoping that it would console them even a little," I explained him.

My mother never made me feel the emptiness of not having a father. She worked so hard all the time. She never showed me that she was tired. Even when she was exhausted with work, she would make sure to spend time with me. At first, I definitely couldn't notice it. But as time passed by, I started to realize how hard she works just to give me a better life. I pounded all my feelings into this song, even though I knew she won't like it. Because I was sure that one day she'd support my dream. And now, I was getting a chance to play the same song in front of seventeen years old mom who supported me wholeheartedly.

"Are you guys done?"

"Kang Hyunyul!"

"What are you doing here? This late?" I questioned after Saebum as Hyunyul entered the practice room.

"I came to drop you home"

"But Majoo was going to drop me off", I pointed out the sofa where he was still sleeping. Saebum woke him up.

I and Saebum did a one last practice in front of the two guys and got some feedback before packing up for the day. Hyunyul dropped me off at the guesthouse on Hyunjae oppa's motorbike.

"Thanks for the ride"

"Anything for you", Hyunyul flashed a charming smile, melting my heart for the thousandth time.

Lately, he's been so open about his feelings and always tried to sway my heart with his actions or words. And trust me, it worked every single time.

"Go now!!" I pushed him away, flustered by his words.

"Wait- wait, I wanted to ask you about something Yi-joo"

"What's it?"

"Earlier today, what happened to Eungyeol?"

"Ah- family emergency. It's fine now".

I lied.

Nothing was fine. Eungyeol tried to talk to Yi-chan, but that didn't work out. Yi-chan would never miss the rehearsal just because Eungyeol said so, and the fact that Sekyung was going to select one of them didn't help. Yi-chan wanted to be his best on the day of festival.