46. Island

Ha Eungyeol

If you leave, I'm jumping off the cliff!!” My throat hurt as I yelped loudly.

I was helpless and lost of ideas to stop Yi-chan from leaving the island. I even told him the truth about me being his son, but he looked at me questionably. It was obvious from his side but still, I hoped that he would believe, but he didn't.

Suit yourself”, he turned his back to me, walking away.

I'm dead serious. If I can't stop you, I'll jump off for real," I yelled again.

He paused after listening to my words.

Did it work?

I don't care”, he hissed, and started to walk away once again.

I took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to jump off the cliff.

One, two-

At the count of three, I jumped into the sea, closing my eyes shut. It was dumb, I knew that. But I also knew that Yi-chan would follow up to save me. His conscience would never let him leave me alone, drowning.

And just like I expected, he followed me, pulling me out of the coldness of the water as it was becoming unbearable with every single millisecond passed.

✨🍉

“I thought you ran away”, I gazed at Yi-chan, who walked towards me with a towel.

Drink it when it's hot”, he passed me some hot coffee and continued after taking a seat beside me, “I told you that I'd go to the store and come. I wanted to inform Majoo that we are not coming to the rehearsal, but I thought that you'd catch a cold”

My eyes widened after listening to his words.

All good now? Are you satisfied?” He questioned, staring at the sea in front of us.

I stopped it.

I stopped dad's accident.

A wave of relief passed throughout my body as I realized that dad was going to be alright and will continue the music he loved wholeheartedly without any barrier.

Tears spilled off my eyes as a sob left my mouth.

Yahh! Gwaenchana? Are you hurt?”

Instead of answering his question, I jumped over him, hugging tightly, while crying my eyes out. He did protest at first, but then he gave up.

Yi-chan was still baffled by the situation, said nothing and patted my back, calming me down.

After some time, I pulled away as he was looking away from me awkwardly.

He cleared his throat before speaking, “If you are my son from the future, then what about Yi-joo? Majoo's daughter?”

“How did you know?” I was stunned when I heard his words.

But why is she Yeon and not Oh?” Yi-chan glanced at me curiously.