43. Accident

(Do listen to Shining by Kim Hangyeom while reading this chapter)

Yeon Yi-joo
D-3

"Wait- it's our turn to clean the classroom today"

As soon as the bell rang, I pulled my bag on my shoulder and ran towards the door, but I was stopped right in front of it by a classmate.

"But, I-"

My words were cut off by Haejoon, "Who will work in Yi-joo's place?"

To my surprise, plenty of hands were in the air, volunteering to cleaning in my place.

"Practice for the festival. I'll take care of the teacher", Haejoon flashed me a smile.

"Yi-joo , we'll come and watch"

"Hwaiting!!!!"

"Practice well!!!"

I was really touched by my classmates, they were so supportive. I thanked the one taking my place and left the classroom. Eungyeol was waiting for me at the bus station. Even though we were in the same class, he was still cleaning the swimming pool as he got on the bad side of the principal.

The last few days have been the most exhausting yet best days of my life. Leaving all my worries aside, I was doing music with the people I adore. We did a photoshoot together, we practiced, we fought, and most importantly we enjoyed our youth to the fullest.

D-2

"Tired?" Hyunyul passed me a water bottle.

"Very much and hungry too", I sighed and took the water bottle from his hands.

"Meeting time!!!"

Majoo entered the practice room, gathering us around for a meeting.

"The festival committee just decided the flow of rehearsals"

"When is ours?" Yi-chan asked Majoo.

"We'll rehearse tomorrow at 3 pm in the gym"

"My heart is trembling", I gazed at Hyunyul, tensed about the performance. It was my first time performing in front of such a huge audience.

"Don't worry, We got this-"

"Stop!!!!!" Majoo screamed, silencing the chaos.

"It's the only chance we'd get, so no one is allowed to be late or left out during the rehearsal"

We all agreed with Majoo's words.

"And, we'll check everything like lighting, sound system and even the flow. So keep it in mind", Majoo opened a book he had and continued, "And we ended up getting some extra time, so I added another song in the middle"

"What?" Si-guk questioned.

"We don't really have time to practice", I reasoned.

"Exactly", Yi-chan joined.

"I know that. So I added your name, Yi-joo"

"My name? What the-"

"That song you sang during the audition, the one you made. You can perform it, right?"

"Alone? I- I am not really sure about-"

"Do it, Yi-joo", Eungyeol cuts off my words.

"But-"

"Just do it, Yi-joo", Hyunyul joined.

"Aren't you our main vocalist?" Si-guk looked at me.

"Go and show your skills", Sebum also joined.

After giving it a thought,

"I'll do it", I ended up agreeing to do the song.

"What about BGM?" Majoo inquired.

"Only keyboard is fine, but I don't think I can sing and play together, I'm too nervous", I honestly express.

"Then Saebum will join you. Is that fine with you, Saebum-ah?"

"Of course"

"And finally. The instruments and stuff, my father will take them tomorrow. Make sure that you take your clothes and belonging. And also check the set list properly, arrase-"

"Ahh, you and you're nagging. Stop it already", Si-guk raised his voice, almost launching towards Majoo, but the guys held him back.

"Okay, then I'll only eat the meat from our first fan"

"Meat?"

And that's how we ended up at the rooftop of the practice room, where White night Ahjussi was grilling meat.

"Thank you so much, Ahjussi", I bowed at him.

"It's nothing. Go and eat"

"I'll serve", I took the plate he was holding and placed it on the table and went back to him, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"How kind of you! Go and eat, dear. I'll take it from here", he smiled at me.

"Yi-joo here", Hyunyul pointed out the empty seat beside him. I took a seat beside him as he placed meat on my plate.

"This is for our band manager who's hard work is always not seen", Ahjussi gave Majoo a big plate of steak.

"If it wasn't for Oh Majoo, we won't have been able to get here," Saebum agreed.

Ahjussi was explaining how Majoo was perfect for becoming a Music Producer.

"What do you think, Yijoo-ya? Do you think it'll suit me?"

I gazed at Eungyeol who exactly knew what will happen in the future.

"It'll be perfect for you", I patted on his shoulder.

"If you open a company, tell me. I'll send you a flower pot"

"Instead, how about you help me do a contract with Yoon Dongjin?" Majoo replied to the Ahjussi's words.

No wonder, he was so successful in the future.

But out of nowhere, Eungyeol stood up, startling everyone. His eyes were glistening with tears. Was something wrong?

"Yahh, are you alright?"

"I need to go," he whispered and ran away.

"I'm following him", I also stood up.

"Yah, you need to practice your song", Majoo pointed out.

"I'll be back soon"

"I'm coming with you-"

"Ani, I'll manage", I cut off Hyunyul's words and ran down.

"YAHHH, HA EUNGYEOL."

He didn't stop. I halted a taxi and made it towards him.

"Get in. This is faster"

Luckily, he listened and took the driver to drive to our school.

"What's wrong, gyeol-ah?" I held his hand, which was shaking abnormally.

"Dad's accident, tomorrow"

The fuck.

A/N:
I know the target is yet to be reached but the chapter was ready so yeahh.....

Do vote and comment if you liked the update<3

Thank you for reading my book 💕

Have a great day ahead 😚

Luv y'all 💞