47. The Replacement

Yeon Yi-joo

"Wake up Yijoo-ya, please"

The desperation in that voice had to be the reason I opened my eyes.

I scrunched my eyes, adjusting to the light, as I opened got to get a glimpse of a pair of black orbs looking at me with worry.

I blinked my eyes and gazed at those eyes again, it felt like a magnet pulling me into them. As I got a better look at them, I realized it was actually dark brown and not black. And then I diverted my attention towards the person whom it belonged to.

A really good-looking guy with blood all over his t-shirt and jacket was looking at me concerned, as if he'd burst into tears any other second.

He helped me to sit as I was still looking at the mysterious yet so familiar guy.

"How are you feeling?"

I heard his voice again. It sounded so painful.

He softly caressed my cheek. My brain was screaming danger, but something inside me made me want to lean over his hand. It felt awfully familiar and comforting.

But the brain won the match as I held his wrist, pulling his hand away from my face.

"I'm so sorry, but do I know you?"

"N-Na? You don't........", He paused as if he was trying to process his words.

"You don't remember me?" his eyes were glistening with tears, making me feel disturbed for some reason.

"I am really sorry, but may I know where am I? What happened to me? Why is my head hurting so bad?" I still asked him because I was confused as hell.

I had a fight with mom, and she told me that President Oh was my dad and I went to meet him. He informed me that he had no idea about my existence and after-

I forgot.

I tried to recall, but a sharp pain passed through my head making me hiss with pain,

"What's wrong?"

I looked up when I heard a very familiar voice.

Ha Eungyeol.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry for-"

I didn't let him complete. I wrapped my arms around him and sighed in relief. I pulled apart from him and saw four new faces looking at me with worry.

"Gyeol-ah, why am I here? Who are this people?" I whispered into his ears.

"You don't remember?"

I nodded my head.

"Even him?" Eungyeol pointed out the person from earlier.

I nodded my head.

"Wae? Wae? What happened, yijoo-ya?" A guy peaked his head from behind.

Now who's he?

"She doesn't remember me", the person from earlier whispered, not lifting his head up.

"Mwo? Are you for re-"

The other guy couldn't complete his words as the nurse asked everyone except a guardian to leave.

"You stay with her, Hyunyul," Eungyeol told that person from earlier.

So his name was Hyunyul.

But why would Eungyeol leave me alone with some unknown guy. I held Eungyeol's hand, gazing at him, scared he would leave me alone.

"You stay. She doesn't even remember me," he said in a low voice and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with Eungyeol.