54. Run away

Yeon Yi-joo

“Why? Because you're going back to the future? With my son?”

What the actual—

But then, Yi-chan busted into laughter, “Yah! If you react like that, I might really believe that nonsense”

“Ha ha”, I awkwardly laughed at his words.

Phew,

That was close.

“Eungyeol always spits out nonsense, don't bother”, I shrugged off acting nonchalantly.

Wait— I never mentioned Eungyeol's name? How—”

Fuck my life.

“Who would say this strange thing except him?”

“I know right? Of course, you know. You've been friends with him for so long”

Thank lord!

“So? What's today's subject?” I tried to change the topic, so I don't mess up again.

“No tutoring today. I need your help”, Yi-chan's expressions change as a smirk appears on his face.

What is cooking in that brain of his?

He explained to me about everything I was supposed to do for him. Yi-chan was so thoughtful and sweet that after listening to his so-called plan my eyes became moist.

“I will gladly help you with the sign language, Yichan-ah”, I smiled at him.

Yi-chan was going to ask Chungha out by singing a song for her in sing language. He had already learned a few parts but wanted to make sure whether it was fine or not.

After correcting his few mistakes, Grandma called us for dinner. She was telling me about how much she missed me because she got bored staying with the guys. So I ended up calling Sujin and informing that I was not going to come to her house anymore, and I'd drop tomorrow to pick up my stuff. Sujin was understanding, thankfully.

“So? You really won't come to song camp? I get it you want to quit the band, but Chungha and Sekyung are also coming. Sujin as well”

“I'll pass. You people have fun”

“No, we can't do it without you. You are our only hope.  We need to compose a song too, but how can we do it without you?”

“I know you guys can do it without me.”

“Don't you miss Hyunyul? You haven't seen him since the festival!”

I was a millisecond close to bursting into tears when Yi-chan brought up Hyunyul's name. I hated the fact that just his name made me feel so much. I really liked him without even realizing that everything was fake.

I can't be so weak!

“I don't. We broke up, and I think that answers why I am not coming to the camp. I'm going to sleep now”

“Ah— Wait what?!! I had no idea—”

“Forget it. Good luck with your plan”, I stood up and made my way towards my room.

“Yi-joo!!!!”

“What happened, Yi-chan?”

“Please let me know if your mind changes about the camp, 'kay?”

✨🍉

“Finally, I get to meet you, Sajangnim”

I looked around the shop as it was as I imagined.

Forgetting about everything for a moment, I toured the whole location. The owner was standing near the fireplace burning something, but I diverted my attention back to touring.

La Vida Music Shop.

Those vintage vinyl cassettes stacked on the table, guitars placed on the corners with utmost care, the elegance those violins were posing and everything about the place felt so magical.

“You like it?” He questioned as I ran my hands over a cute kalimba (thumb piano).

I looked at him before saying, “I have no diary to exchange this time. In fact, I'm here to get it back. I'll return the guitar to you. I really need it please”

“As you know it's time to wrap up your trip”

“Yes, so please give it to me”

“Aigoo, you are just a minute late. I only have the binding left".

Wait-

Was he burning mom's diary?

“How could you!!!!!”

“It's not needed anymore, kid”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You already know about what happened between your mom and dad. So stop wasting your time and try to remember”

What does he mean by I know?

“I'm already struggling trying to remember about everything”, I murmured, pulling my head down.

“Exactly! Don't run away from your memories. And don't run away from how you feel. I think I said enough, now it's time for you to wake up”

And just like that I was back in my room at Yi-chan's guesthouse.

Don't run away, he said.

What was I running away from?

That's when I came to a realization,

The Song Camp.

A/N:
So sorry for being inactive guys.

I'll be back in a week<3

Thank you for waiting ☺️

This is what a thumb piano looks like