58. For eternity, my love

Kang Hyunyul

“I love you too, Hyunyul. Now, make me the happiest girl in the world fucking universe”.

“Huh—”, my heart dropped to the ground when realized hit me.

“Because I'm also going to make you the happiest man in the world fucking universe”, she smiled through tears, still cupping my face.

I raised my hand, caressing Yi-joo's which was on my face, looking into her eyes, “you remember?”, I questioned. Her words were the same thing I said when I confessed my love towards her in the practice room.

She nodded at my words.

Without wasting a millisecond, I wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her from the ground as she entangled her arms around my shoulder, hiding her face in the crook of my neck. The coldness from the rain was replaced with the warmth radiating from Yi-joo's body.

“Sorry, I kept you waiting," she whispered into my ears after a while.

“I could wait for an eternity, my love”.

✨🍉

Did you cry a lot when I was acting like a jerk?” I gazed at my girlfriend as she exited the bathroom drying her hair.

“All of a sudden?” she chuckled at my words, taking a seat beside me.

“Sujin told me," I continued taking the towel from her hands. Yi-joo raised her eyebrows, questioning my actions.

Let me”, I monitored her to shift to the chair nearby the dressing table in the girl's room.

Instead of questioning or rejecting my offer, she did as I asked her without any protest. I bit my cheek from inside to control my stupid smile. Yi-joo was sitting in front of me. Our eyes connected through the mirror but when it happened, her eyes widened as she looked away, totally flustered. But soon that was the same reaction I ended up giving myself when my fingers brushed her neck unintentionally.

I was literally dying, drying my dream girl's hair. I was literally touching her hair. I literally kissed her, hugged her, confessed to her. She was literally so mine.

Actually, it was the other way around.

I was hers.

All hers.

“I actually wanted to talk about something with you”, her voice felt serious when she spoke, “You know what? Never mind".

“Why? Is something wrong?”, I asked her, but she shrugged off, making me give up on asking her about it again.

“But you know? This feels so surreal. I never imagined we'd get until this point”, I turned her chair around so that she faces me.

“It could've been a lot quicker, but— I forgot everything. I feel really guilty for not remembering you, I'm sorry. You had to go through so much because of me”, her eyes shone with tears as she spoke. The scene broke my heart into a million pieces.

“I don't blame you for anything, Yijoo-ya"

A tear escaped her eyes as I spoke.

I spread my arms as she immediately leaned over, hugging my torso, resting her head over my chest as I ran my hands through her almost dried hair.

“Let's start new, my love”, I cooed into her ears.

Yi-joo pulled back, gazing into my eyes, she confessed, "Thank you, for creating such precious memories”

“Are you moved by this? It's just the beginning, look forward to what I do in the future. As I told you, I'm going to make you the happiest girl in the universe”, I grinned, replying to her.

Yi-joo stayed quiet, I tried to find its meaning of that silence in her eyes, but I was lost. She had this unexplainable expression on her face. Giving up, I decided to crack a joke, “Can't wait to find out what I might do in the future?”

A small playful scowl left her mouth as she murmured, “Future? What if I leave you?”

“You can't. I have plans of sticking with you like a leech for this life”, my words made Yi-joo giggle which made me feel all giddy in the insides. She had this adorable and baby-like giggles which made me fall over her cuteness all over again.

You'll be the death of me, Yeon Yi-joo!

Like literally. I had this whole thing planned since forever. Once we'd graduate from High school, I'd work really hard to make our band world-famous. And thereafter, buy a house and then coolly propose to Yi-joo once we get stable careers.

I knew I was getting ahead of myself. It's barely been a day since we got together, and I was thinking about our future already. I had gone crazy.

Crazy for Yeon Yi-joo.

✨🍉

“Yahhh—”

Shh”, I shushed the girls as they entered the room. Yi-joo fell asleep earlier using my hand as her pillow. I was sitting on the floor as she was on the bed.

“Should I help you with her?”, Sujin whisper screamed from the door. I shook my head saying no.

“Are you sure?”, questioned Sekyung.

I gave her a nod.

“What about dinner?”, Sujin whispered again.

At the name of dinner, my stomach growled. I was with empty stomach since morning. But my hunger didn't really matter more than Yi-joo's sleep.

"Later," I answered and with that, the girls left the room, leaving me alone with Yi-joo.

I gazed at Yi-joo's sleeping face, throughout the time she was sleeping I picked up her sleeping habits. She had this adorable, slightly mad face while sleeping. A small pout on her lips, how she'd make an annoyed expression while her side bangs fall over her face everything was so fucking cute.

“I'm hungry”, Yi-joo mumbled softly.

“You are awake?”

“Hm, thanks to your growling stomach”