48. Promise you

Kang Hyunyul

"WHO THE FUCK WAS HANDLING THE LIGHTS?", I busted into the auditorium, kicking off the chairs coming on my way.

I stormed towards the Student Council head as they were managing the fest.

"How is she?", He questioned but instead of answering, I grabbed his collar, pulling his closer.

"I asked, who hurt my girl?", I hissed, glaring straight into his eyes.

He stayed quiet.

I raised my fist to beat the fuck out of the guy unless he says who hurt Yi-joo but someone held my hand. I turned around angrily and saw the junior whom I saved from Jindo Dogs.

"I-It's me", he confessed, and sat on his knees, "I'm so sorry. I-I know I shouldn't have-"

I pulled him up holding his shirt forcefully as I punched his face harshly, ignoring everyone around me. He lost his balance and fell on the ground.

"I had no option. I know it might sound like an excuse but he threatened me that he'd hurt my-"

"He who?", I kneeled down to match his height.

"Jindo Dogs leader Jung Dojin"

✨🍉

"Are you okay?", Hyunjae hyung exclaimed as soon as I entered our house.

He sounded awfully calm, even after seeing blood all over me, as if he knew what happened.

"I got a call from Saebum", hyung walked towards me and hugged me for a while.

"Don't worry, she'll remember you", he said pulling away.

"It's them, Hyung. They hurt Yi-joo because of me", my throat hurted as I spoke, looking at the ground, blinking off the tears forming inside my eyes without a break.

"I can't believe they are going this far-"

"I'm going to kill that bastard!", I stormed into my room and took a clean tshirt and my baseball bat.

"Yahh! Are you crazy?", Hyung pulled my hand, stopping from me leaving the house.

"But Hyu—"

"Listen kid, right now Yi-joo needs you. Stop acting like a child and go to her"

"But she doesn't even remember me!"

"That's gives you another reason. You should go and make her remember you, idiot"

"I don't know what to do anymore, Hyung. I feel so lost"

"Listen, Saebum told me that the guys are practicing at the auditorium now and Yi-joo is there. Just go and practice for tomorrow's performance for now. And about Dojin, once the festival ends I'll come with you and beat the shit out of him and every single person who hurt Yi-joo. How does that sounds?"

I nodded at his words.

"Let's go, I'll drop you off"

And with that, Hyung dropped me off at the auditorium.

“Yah! Kang Hyunyul!!”

No sooner I entered the auditorium, Yi-joo called out my name faster than anyone else. She looked a little tired, and the bandage on her head was also replaced. It only covered the wound on her forehead. She walked towards me and held my hand,

“Where did you go? Is it okay for a boyfriend to be like this when his girlfriend is this hurt? I do understand that I remember nothing about you, but I've been waiting for you si—”

“I'm sorry”, I cut off her words, pulling her into a hug. She froze for a second but hugged me back soon, resting her cheek on my chest.

I felt terrible just thinking about everything.

Yi-joo got hurt because of me. She was struggling with her memories and that wound, and I was acting like a kid, instead of helping her by being on her side, just because I got jealous when she gave a hug to Eungyeol and looked at me like I was a stranger earlier when she woke up when it was not even her fault.

“I promise that I won't leave you alone anymore”