35. Trivial things

Ha Eungyeol

“A naengmyeon for me," Yi-joo ordered her food at the restaurant Yi-chan asked me to come to talk about the band.

All the manipulators were present, and I was sitting in front of them, like I was being interrogated in the court.

I looked at Yi-joo, wanting to talk to her. I missed her all these days and I never got a chance to talk to her since yesterday. Yi-joo glanced at my direction, but when our eyes met, her eyes widened, and she broke the eye contact within a second.

What's up with her?

Is she mad at me?

Soon the food was served, it was just a plate of jajangmyeon and Yi-joo's naengmyeon. Yi-joo took the bowl and started to eat it, not giving a fuck. Meanwhile, the guys had gulped the jajangmyeon without leaving anything for me. Yi-chan sneakily got near Yi-joo trying to get a bit but Yi-joo pulled away the bowl and glared at him, “I don't share”

“Ah, Mian”, Yi-chan got back to his sit, embarrassed.

You won't share with me? Your best friend?” I leaned towards her direction, with puppy eyes.

"No," she said with a stone face and looked at Hyunyul, who was sitting beside her, offering him a bite.

Did she-

A scoff left my mouth.

When you said you like Sekyung, everything clicked”

“I owe you an apology”, I apologized to Yi-chan.

After a little drama, Yi-chan and I came to a conclusion that until festival, none of us will meet Sekyung and on the D-Day Sekyung will choose the one she likes. I was glad that I got a chance to keep Sekyung away from dad with my white lie about liking Sekyung, which I never did anyway.

But throughout the time, Yi-joo kept bothering me. Normally, she would have tried to help me while negotiating with Yi-chan, but today she did nothing. Like literally nothing.

I needed to have a talk with her. So I decided to talk to her.

“I'm taking her for a while," I announced as we all exited the restaurant and before Yi-joo could say anything, I pulled her away from the guys for some privacy.

“Leave my hand”

“Not now. I need to speak with you”

“I said leave my hand, Ha Eungyeol!”

“I won't-”, my words were cut off when a man out of nowhere pulled me away from Yi-joo.

Is he bothering you?” He looked at Yi-joo with concern. Yi-joo shook her head, smiling at that person. He looked really handsome. In one word, Yi-joo's type.

Are you alright?” He scanned her hand.

I'm fine, Oppa. He's my friend, but he's not acting like one so…”, Yi-joo trailed off awkwardly.

Did she call him Oppa?

“Is that so?” He chuckled and gaze at me. “I'm sorry, kid. But don't do such things again, she's a girl, right? It's inappropriate”

“Yes, I'm sorry”, I bowed at him, still confused about his identity.

He waved Yi-joo a goodbye and smiled at her, showing off his deep dimples.

"Who's he? You know him?” I questioned.

Hyunjae Oppa, Hyunyul's hyung," she replied, looking at his fading figure. “He is so kind and sweet”