53. Sad Ending

Yeon Yi-joo

"It's delicious aunty"

“Have some more darling”, Sujin's mom also my grandmother, placed a piece of meat on my bowl. I took a bite of it and utterly lost my mind.

Just one word to describe its taste, heaven.

I never thought I'd get to see her in real life. She was just as mom and grandpa described her. Sweet, kind and gorgeous.

Mom inherited those good looks from her.

“Jinnie told me about your accident. How are you feeling now, Yi-joo?” Grandpa asked me.

“Just a light headache from time to time. The wound is almost healed”

“And don't worry about your memories. They'll be back soon, as it was a minor concussion," Grandpa explained.

Thank you so much, uncle and aunty”

Sujin asked me to sleep over at her place on the day of the festival, which I gladly accepted. It's been two days since the festival ended, and I've been hanging out with only Sujin because I didn't know where else to go. Eungyeol had just started dating Sekyung and I would rather not bother him. I was still tutoring Yi-chan and going to school normally and my memories were returning little by little but all the useless this.

It was a fake relationship

That was what Hyunyul said that night. It didn't make sense to be honest, but he said we had a good reason to fake our relationship, but when I asked him what was the reason he replied it's in the past, and we didn't have any reason to continue pretending to be together. And now that we got a reason, that I lost my memory, it was better for us to break up.

I was left speechless, too confused to speak up. And just like that, I ended up accepting his words.

Was that look on his face the day I woke up also an act?

And I fell for it so foolishly?

“Ah eonni, I almost forgot. We are having a meeting today. Yi-chan oppa told me to inform you about it”

“I'm not coming”, I stood up finishing my rice.

“Thank you for the food, aunty”, I bowed and walked towards the door, making way to school.

And just like that, I was trying my best to ignore his existence.

Eonnie!” Sujin followed me out and pulled my hand, making me halt my steps.

“What's wrong? Tell me”

“I left the band. Please take care of them on my stand, okay?” I pulled my hand back before the tears spill off my eyes in front of her.

But Eonn—”

“I already informed Majoo about it," I said, with my back turned on Sujin.

I knew that it was stupid. I was crying over somebody whom I met 3 days back. The old Yi-joo would never. I was hiding like a coward,

I never was.

But it was not like it was going to work out between us. Hyunyul was my father's best friend, it was nonsensical when I heard that I was dating him in the first place.

It was fake.

It was saving me from a heartbreak.

I should be happy.