52. Fake love

Kang Hyunyul

Yah, they are literally filming a family melo, look”

“Let's join the hug too”, Si-guk pulled Saebum and Eungyeol with him, joining the group hug as Saebum pointed out Yi-joo, Majoo and Sujin hugging.

“What if it's actually true?”

I turned around to see Yi-chan talking to himself.

“What?” I looked at him, curiously.

“Eungyeol told me something weird that he is my son and Yi-joo is Majoo's daughter from the future. Does that make sense?”

“No it doesn't”, I laughed off at his words.

“I know right! Let's join them too”, he pulled me towards the others.

And that's how we ended up having a Watermelon Sugar hug.

I was really curious about how Yi-joo was going to react when she'll hear her song on stage. She had no idea about it and let alone the fact that Sujin was going to sing it. I was really not sure if it was a good idea because Yi-joo forgot everything, and we didn't have her permission to let someone else sing the song. I opposed the idea when we had a meeting earlier. But Eungyeol pushed everyone into agreeing to the same, which made me give up on opposing.

But after seeing Yi-joo cry so much, I was a little surprised and even a little confused.

Was she that touched?

I had no idea what that song meant to her and why she busted into tears while Sujin was performing. Nevertheless one thing was for sure,

There was something behind her tears, which I couldn't figure out. And now that I heard Yi-chan's nonsensical claim, something clicked inside.

Majoo's daughter, he says.

Yeon Yi-joo daughter of Oh Ma-joo.

Their hair did match but surname didn't, which was weird.

Still having a thousand of questions in my mind, we entered the stage to perform our last song, sunset.

✨🍉

Sign for me, little rock star”

I was stuck in the middle of the crowd after the performance, just like the remaining members. But then I heard a very familiar voice.

I looked up to see Hyung standing in front of me with my merch, waiting to get it signed.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?”

“Yi-joo invited me yesterday and side by side I was also keeping an eye on the fest with my colleague just in case," he explained as I pulled him out of the crowd to get some air.

This damn popularity.

I was sure that my girls fell for me, but the girl I wanted.

“I just stopped to give you this”

He gave me an envelope.

“What's inside—”

Money?

“Take the band to an expensive restaurant. Don't be late, I'm going home now”, he ruffled my hair and walked away from me.

“Was that Hyunjae hyung?” Si-guk pulled me towards the backstage while putting his hand around my shoulder.

“He gave us money!!!!!!” I pulled out the envelope, screaming with excitement.

Daebak!!” Si-guk exclaimed.