19. Save me

Yeon Yi-joo

"Let's go"

I pulled Eungyeol out with me after paying for mom's ice cream, without buying ours. After coming inside a silent alley I left his hand, catching my breath.

"Why are we running?"

"I don't know"

It was not like she'd recognise me but mom appearing so suddenly shocked me. I didn't expect her to come this early. But now she was here, even though I had no idea or plans about what I was supposed to do. I had no idea about what happened between her and dad. What made her leave him without telling about me? I still had a thousands of questions inside my mind. All the answers were probably inside the diary but that music shop owner tricked me.

"So what now?", Eungyeol questions.

"It's fine. I'll meet her at the school anyways"

We both made our way to the guesthouse as it was almost time for dinner. As we reached we both got busy with our stuff. Eungyeol was helping Yi-chan with his homework and I was helping grandma by boiling noodles for dinner. After I was done with helping grandma set the table I gathered everyone for dinner.

"I cooked plenty of noodles, so eat as much as you want", grandma passed Yi-chan his bowl.

"Yi-joo, eat up", she softly caressed my hair as I gave her a huge smile, nodding at her. "It feels good to have a girl here", she says.

"Eat up, teacher. It must have been a hustle teaching this fool", she adds more noodles into Eungyeol's bowl.

"Grandma, your grand son is right here", Yi-chan who was sitting beside me raised his hand which earned him a slap from grandma.

I gazed at Eungyeol who had a content smile on his face. I exactly knew what was going inside his mind, "I'm her great grandson".

Back in the present, it was so hard to catch him smile but now he looked happy. I smiled at him without realising. I hope he smiles like that forever.

I went back to my poker face when I heard someone clearing throat. It was Majoo. He was looking at me with a smirk. 'What?' I mouthed. He shook his head and shifted his attention to the noodles.

But then Balsam oppa suddenly asked about whether Sekyung, Yi-chan's crush would come to watch the performance. Everyone started to make fuss to see her as she was pretty. Was she really that pretty?

I never saw her. But as Yi-chan said, "Should I go and get a glance of her", Majoo and Eungyeol screamed no spitting all the food in their mouth. I covered my bowl and turned around which saved my food.

God knows what they were talking or arguing about, I was lost in the food because God, it was just from heaven.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Beakwang Band, wassup!"

I ran towards the three as soon as I spotted them.

"Annyeong, all rounder", Si-guk raised his hand for a high five and Seabeom just smiled at me.

"Here", Hyunyul gave me a watermelon popsicle.

"So? You guys are back to normal?", Hyunyul questioned refering to me and Eungyeol. But before I could answer him, someone's voice was heard. Yi-chan was singing, I recognised his voice.

"Who is singing so nicely?", Si-guk paused.

"Band room!", The three guys exclaimed together. With that the boys started to run towards the band room. I let out a curse, not again. And ended up following them.

I reached there, catching my breath, once again. I flinched when something cold touched my cheek. It was a water bottle. I took it from hyunyul's hand and drank it. Everyone was looking at Yi-chan, totally impressed with his improvement.

"You passed the audition", the three gave him a thumbs up as soon as he completed his song.

It turned out that Sekyung girl left the country for studies and Yi-chan was totally heart broken.

"Don't worry. Everything has a reason", I gave a pat on his shoulder which he totally ignored and went out for his part time job.

"He'll be fine", Hyunyul said.

"You can hang out with us today"

And that's how I ended up doing a jam session with the three. They were surprisingly talented and I didn't even notice that it was getting late so I decided to go home. But then it started to rain, I managed to reach till the bus station but even after waiting at the stop for almost 30 minutes, no bus came. It was starting to get darker as time passed by.

"Lady, you look pretty", my soul left my body when I heard a drunk man's voice. He was approaching towards me.

Fuck.

I walked away from the station ignoring the rain but he was following me. I increased my pace. I was practically running at this point. This won't do. I gathered all the energy inside my body and kicked the man making him fall down. Before he could get up I ran away, crying my eyes out.

I ran into the telephone booth I spotted on the road and dialled to the guesthouse. Pick up, pick up, please pick up. But nobody picked it. I even paged to Yi-chan but it was of no use.

I ended up staying inside the telephone booth until the rain stopped. I had no money left for the bus. I ended up using them all on the telephone. I stepped out of the booth as the cold air made my body shiver. I was freezing because of the wet clothes but I made my way towards the guesthouse.

It was a 30 minutes walk. I could do that. I had to do that. I was just scared that no creepy men come on my way. I had no energy left to face them.

"Yeon Yi-joo"

I halted my steps when I heard a faint voice calling my name. I looked at the direction it came from. A guy was running towards me.

I am saved.

With that I lost my conscious without seeing the face of that person.

A/N:

Hello guys!

Merry Christmas ⛄

I'm so sorry for the delay.
I am really overwhelmed by the love and support I am receiving. The book hit 15k reads and 1k votes already, can you believe it?

So I really want to make this book more interesting and I have so many things to do but the writer's block is not really helping the situation.

Anyways how you like the book till now?

If you do then please vote and comment because it keeps me encouraged.

Thank you so much 🥰

Have a nice read ahead.

Luv y'all ❤️