And it starts.

Asami's P.O.V.

When I got to the South Pole, the first thing I saw was Senna and Tonraq, standing on the dock. they looked worried, but they waved, eagerly.

"It's good to see you." I said, running up to hug Tonraq "And it's good to finally meet you, Senna. Korra has told me so much about you."

"Has she now?" Senna asked

"Only good things. I would have preferred to meet you under happier circumstances though."

"Wouldn't we all? Asami, Korra needs your help." Tonraq said

"Is she alright?"

"Yes, but she won't come out of her room, she hasn't come to dinner in three days and I find it hard to believe that she's sleeping."

"Alright, take me to her."

We were standing at the top of the stairs, just outside Korra's room and Senna said "Korra, honey will you come out? There's someone here to see you."

I expected Korra to shout, to tell her to go away, but she didn't even respond. "I'll take care of this, go tell Tonraq that I'll have Korra out of her room by the end of the week." I whispered to Senna

"Please, make sure she's alright."

"I'll do my best."

Korra's P.O.V.

When I heard my mom calling me out of my room I just rolled my eyes, when she said there was someone here to visit me I was curious for a second, but then I figured it was just another healer, who would want to visit me, unless they were being paid? I was just  a useless, broken, shell.

"Korra, babe? can I come in?" a familiar voice asked.

"A...Asami?" I whispered, holding back tears. She couldn't see me like this. I couldn't let her.

"Asami, Leave!" I shouted, wanting to get her as far away from here as possible.

"No, Korra. You need me, I'm here. If you don't open this door, I'll break it down right now, so that everyone can come in."

"Fine."

I pulled myself into the metal monstrosity that was my wheelchair and went to open the door. Once I opened it, I tried to wheel myself away, but Asami was too fast, she fell to her knees and wrapped her arms around my waist.

" I miss you, I need you, I love you." She said, crying into my lap

"A...Asami...I-" I started

"Thank the spirits you're still alive. Do you know what I would do without you?"

That moment, I knew immediately that I couldn't tell Asami. I couldn't tell her that I wanted nothing more than to be dead, to just give up and slip into the darkness.

Then why haven't you done it yet, kid? You shouldn't make empty threats. If you're going to kill yourself, then do it. Prove us all wrong, prove that we don't need you. If you're right, then I suppose we don't have anything to worry about, but if you're wrong... well it's all on your hands.

Was that your version of a pep talk?!

It got you to feel something besides self pity, didn't it? I'm here to make you angry, Asami's here to love you, you have to do the rest. Good luck, Korra, Creator out.

"Asami Sato, I love you." I said

"I love you too, Korra. are you willing to come down and eat dinner? Your parents are worried about you." Asami replied

"Oh shit. They must hate me, I haven't even acknowledged them since I was hurt."

"They can't hate you, babe. They're your parents and they love you unconditionally, maybe even more so than me."

"I don't think I can face them right now, but I am kinda hungry."

"I'll bring you something, as long as you promise to tell me what's wrong."

"Okay, I can do that." I think.

"Alright, then. I'll be back shortly. I love you."

"I love you too."

Asami's P.O.V.

When I went back downstairs, Senna had cooked a large pot of soup, and I had good news, but I didn't want to get their hopes up, with something like this, you had to be real careful, if you're not, you could completely destroy a week's worth of work in two seconds. After my Mom... I went through something similar... anyways, I got Korra a bowl of soup and went to take it to her, when Senna ambushed me on the stairs.

"Is she alright? Can we talk to her?" She asked

"Senna, calm down. She doesn't think she's ready to talk to you, we have to take this slow, if we don't she could slip even further. I know you want to see your daughter again, but that could take some time, I can't promise that she'll be the same ever again."

"You're saying that she'll be like this forever?!"

"I'm saying that, Korra will always have to deal with whatever's going on in her mind and if it's as bad as I think it is, then it could do some serious psychological damage, so don't expect her to be the exact same person as she was before, I don't how deep she is, so I don't know different she's going to be."

"What do you mean 'how deep she is'?"

"Depression like this is usually described as a hole, I don't know how bad her depression is, so I don't know how deep she is."

"I just want to see my little girl again!"

"I know, Senna, but you can't expect her to get better immediately."

"Come on, honey. I'll make you some tea." Tonraq said, pulling his wife away. "Asami, promise me she'll be alright. Promise me." he continued

I couldn't trust myself to speak, so I just nodded. I went upstairs with Korra's food, when I opened the door she asked what had taken so long.

"It was nothing, babe. I just wanted to talk to your parents." I said

"Keeping them informed, huh?"

"Not so much, more like... letting them know how you're doing."

Korra's P.O.V.

I can't say that I didn't feel betrayed when I learned Asami was talking to my parents, but they had a right to know. I was their daughter after all. I could hardly eat the soup that Asami had brought up, so it got set aside, after three days of not eating, my stomach had shrunk to the size of a walnut.

"Korra, are we going to talk?" Asami asked after I stopped eating

"Do we have to?" I asked

"Yes."

"Asami... I... I can't."

"Alright, later then. We will have to talk eventually."

"Alright. Just not right now."

"Okay, I understand."

Asami crawled into bed, beside me and pulled me closer to her. " I love you." She said

"I love you too... Asami... Never leave me." I said

"I won't. I'll hang on, Until The End."