A breath of fresh air

Korra's P.O.V.

We sat in Beifong's interrogation room for three hours. after the first half hour of Lin and Aleyna staring at each other, I decided to say something.

"So what exactly happened?" I asked

"Twenty years ago-" Aleyna started

"Eighteen." Lin corrected

"Eighteen years ago, Lin's sister, Suyin and I were good friends, however Su wanted to take things further, I couldn't allow that."

"My sister and I aren't really big fans of each other, but you broke her heart, and she didn't deserve it."

"Lin what can I do to convince you that denying Su was the best call?"

"You can't."

"Lin, look at all she's accomplished, She couldn't have done that if she were stuck with me."

"You still broke her heart, she was destroyed after you left."

"Then it's good that she had her sister to keep her from doing anything rash."

"But she didn't. We had already torn our family apart."

"Lin, I'm so sorry, I... I didn't know"

"Get out of my sight, you don't deserve to be in my presence."

Aleyna's P.O.V.

After Lin sent me away, I went home. I had hoped to work things out with her, but I only managed to make it worse. I couldn't stand to be alone, so I went to Sarah's room.

"Sarah? Are you home?" I asked, knocking on her door

"What do you need Aleyna?" she asked

"I need company." I said

Korra's P.O.V.

The week after Aleyna's "incident" with Beifong sped by. I could hardly wait for Asami to come home, I really wanted to be with her, and I realized that she was perfect, in every way.

Tenzin had come back later that day, he said that President Reiko had made up some nonsense to get him to join a press conference. It was almost Sundown when Bumi came running into the house on Air temple Island, yelling that he could Airbend.

"Bumi, stop waving your arms about at the table. It's not funny anymore." Tenzin said, as I walked in with Asami, who had gotten home just in time.

"Maybe I can only do it, when my life's in danger. Bolin, bend a giant boulder at me." Bumi said

"If you have to bend a giant boulder, do it outside." Pema said

"No one's bending any giant boulders." Tenzin replied

"Think fast, Uncle Bumi." Meelo said, tossing a saucer at him

Bumi threw up his hands, and the Saucer was caught in a ball of air.

"I told you!" He shouted

That very same night, Mako responded to a call about another new Airbender, I volunteered to help look for him, but Mako tried to shut me down. After he left, I bet Asami that we could find this new Airbender before Mako could. I still hadn't told her how I felt, but I was waiting for the opportune moment, preferably while we were alone.

Aleyna's P.O.V.

It didn't take long for the word to spread  about the new Airbenders, as soon as I heard about it, I knew immediately what had happened. Harmonic Convergence is a time of immense spiritual power, many inexplicable things can happen during Convergence. It appeared that the Universe decided that the world needed more Airbenders.