Chapter 82

Somewhere in my dreams, Lucas' voice echoed softly, a gentle melody that danced on the edges of my consciousness.

 It was like a soothing hum against the hazy veil of sleep, drawing me deeper into its embrace with every utterance.

"Sleep, Princess," his voice murmured, the words wrapped in tenderness.

I emitted a soft murmur in response, craving the comfort of his voice to lull me further into slumber.

"Sleep tight," he whispered, his touch brushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "And I will weave you with my words, ensnaring your thoughts until you are wholly mine."

His words sent a shiver down my spine, a mixture of fear and longing intertwining within me.

As I began to stir from my dreams, reality crept in. Pain shot through my body, radiating from the bruises that marred my skin, and a feverish heat washed over me, making every movement an agony.

I glanced around the room, my heart pounding in my chest, but there was no one in sight.

With a sense of trepidation, I pushed myself up from the bed, only to be met with the unforgiving chill of the marble floor beneath my feet. It gleamed like polished ice, reflecting the faint rays of sunlight that filtered through the curtains in gentle waves.

I turned towards the door, only to realize with a sinking feeling that it was bolted shut from the outside. Panic surged through me as I tugged at the handle, desperate to escape the suffocating atmosphere of the room.

Somehow, everything felt like it's happening all over again.

My heart pounded in my chest as I scanned the room for any possible means of escape, and finding that there's winding coming in from the balcony. 

I stepped out, expecting for a glimpse of familiar surroundings, but instead, my eyes were met with rows of looming buildings stretching into the distance. The once-familiar forest was nowhere in sight, replaced by the cold concrete landscape with cars lined on the streets below.

The air carried the crisp scent of morning, a welcome change from the metallic tang of blood that had haunted my nightmares. Yet, despite the semblance of normalcy, a sense of unease lingered in the silence.

I looked back to the living room, and not even a thing could tell that its lived in.

It's spotless.

And empty.

It's as if the boys were never here.

As I stood there, alone and vulnerable, the realization began to dawn on me that something was terribly wrong. Panic welled up inside me, winning in consuming my rational thoughts.

With trembling hands, I reached out to grip the stainless steel pole of the balcony, my gaze fixated on the balcony below. 

If I were to fall there were four stories down till I'll hit the ground.

 Every fiber of my being screamed in protest as I attempted to lower myself, my feet straining to find purchase on the cold metal.

When I was finally able to settle, a gushed of wind slapped me giving me shivers all over, reminding me that I only have thin pair of pajamas on. It was thin, almost see-through under sunlight. I just hoped it will be dark to where I am going.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as the doorknob turned beneath my touch. With a sense of anticipation, I pushed the door open and peered into yet another empty room. The familiar sight of marble floors greeted me, devoid of any signs of life. Even the cabinets stood bare, echoing the emptiness that pervaded the space.