Chapter 50

"So all he said was true." I let his hand fall to his dead body. To no avail, the band died along with him. Though the tracker wont do much for me, against the 2nd group Im more familiar with the building and I have my friends with me. It wont matter to me who got a price on their head, for us freedom is the only reward.

All in all his confession didnt do me any good.

I can still hear crying in the distance, so subtle that it's masked with every sound a step makes. Though I dont care. It's an obvious trap.

Fragile whimpers from a girl in a dark dorm surrounded with hundreds of room is a case of a horror movie.

I finally reached the door where I saw Rie came in. Its quiet. Almost as if its empty like all the other ones.

Im glad my eyes instinctively followed him, all while cruel words are stabbing my ears. It was a good idea I didnt let it get to me. I might've lose him when I get swallowed with fury as I let the bullets rain, not sparing a limb attach.

I sigh, trying to calm my heart down from the recent fun. I relaxed my posture. Moisten my lips. And shutting my eyes tight.

I sigh again, especially when I open my eyes I saw specks of blood on my legs.

I might scare him off. I might disappoint him that Im far of an angel he thought of.

I mentally slap myself.

Who am I even trying to prove? No matter how much soap I wash myself with it wont change the fact that I stink with the souls Ive taken.

Even him.... He's not as innocent as he looks.

I knocked on the door, not hard but enough to announce my arrival.

"It's me."

No answer but Im sure he was here.

"Im coming in." The door knob is not as cold against my palm. The eerie dorm hall seems to fog around my feet an indication on the incoming night. It'll be dark again with no more than the moon for the outside light, but with thick walls built around where Im currently am its certain that Ill soon be crawling in the dark.

I turned the knob open, the first to meet my vision is the stillness surrounding the room. The windows are close, the gray weather are the only one that moves.

When I closed the door behind me, the cold fortunately seeps through the walls but being in the closed-door only heightens the smell of blood I brought with me.

The room bathroom seems so tempting in the corner though I doubt it has running water. I never get the idea of barring us from electricity and water besides the intimidation of reeking human guts. Or maybe that's what theyre after: a man bathe in crimson displays so much horror than a man with a citrus-scented body wash.

I mentally giggled.

Then mentally slapped myself. I should stop making fun of serious situations.

A bed of blonde hair poke over the corner of the bed. He hid himself behind the headboard where fuzzy pillows perfectly lays untouch. He couldve stayed camouflage but for a moment he wanted to be seen.

I walk around the bed and expectedly sees Rie curling himself to a ball. I can hear his sniffles, and for a second I saw his eyes glimmer like the dim sky before he hid himself again.

"Rie.." Like an addict I said his name once again. His name just rolls softly in my tongue and like sugar I cant get enough of. I could consume the letters of his name again and again till it carves itself on the base of my throat.

He skids more to the wall, "No, stay away!"

I stopped on my tracks, I only noticed that goosebumbs from the cold starts to wrap my legs and towards the inside of my skimpy shorts. I need pants.

Aside from that I stink of copper, and Rie must've think the same.

Instead of ignoring his protests, I turned around instead and sat myself on the hard burgundy couch. Atleast this masks the blood in me. And probably.... Probably he wont hate me in this distance.

"Is it because of this?" I drop the gun to the floor and it heavily clanks like an angry stomp. I dont know how the blood got there, it may just be specks but it pushes through nostrils in putrid stench. And there's me, adding to the horrid smell of the dead. I pointed to the gun, this is what I want anyways, I need to get away from him. "You must know now, that Im one of those trash you spoke of."

"N-no, you're not like that!"

"You need to get away from me I- I'm disgusting."

Get away from me.... Though it sounds like Im trying to convince myself instead.

I need to leave him. I need to run away. That's what Kurt said.... If I dont comply with what he wants he might hate me, and I'll be alone.

"It's all my fault." He fretted, looking up from his palms with ocean eyes shimmering from old and new tears. I wanted to reach out, to have him in my arms, to sing to cover up the demons that lingered on his ears. All like he did for me. "They're right Im a monster. I tried to kept you from others all while infecting you with mine. It's not my intention." His nails digs onto his arms. A mix of anger and regret big on his tone. "Please believe me, it really wasn't my intention! I just thought you were lovely and wanted you to be all mine. I was trying to protect you but it all ended up harming you."

"I was already sullied before we even met!" I dont know why I have to mention that. I should run away. Please... Pleaseee.... Let it be that courage whisper in my ears. "You were wrong about me. I may look like a canvass, but inside, the wood that kept me together are slowly eaten by termites while the other side of the canvass is thick with grime and dust. Dont blame me, I did not lie about being kind."

He lifted his head to meet my eyes once again, with the moon finally descending in the dark sky it kissed the wetness of his cheeks while his eyes dived onto the redness of ripe berries. They shimmer under the night. And it perfectly mirrors the shape of my being.

Once I prayed, now I have to beg.

Please dont let these beautiful eyes sway me.