Chapter 44

Kurt's POV

Everything blurs out but my empty hand.

The kitchen floor closes up and it reveals the bare room where my Ken was in. Now it feels barren. A desolate moor heavy with cold white snow -void of any warmth.

The once bright room becomes washed up with any color, and didn't spare a single speck of dust. It infected everything, traveling from the tip of my fingers through the blood pumping my heart.

I lost my warmth, my sunshine.

And I will to suffer through the cold.

I quickly stomp my feet against the kitchen floor. The floor echoes like metal and its bolts rattles from the heavy jump. However, it was different when my Ken walk above these with her soft sneakers and the graceful click of her heels.

She moves like a swan, she looks like a movie, and her voice as soft as the wind.

Her every movement makes my heart pump. And the light graze of her skin sends spirals to my head that warms every part of my body.

She was so bright that of days I've watched her made me go blind.

Sweat drips to the floor as I got desperate of trying to open such doom. Though it only rattles beneath me and the quake can nowhere be felt.

I got on my knees. Thoroughly searching if it was left ajar. My fingers against the disguised marbles but gold perfectly sprawl across.

Everything feels even.

Too planned.

There is no flaw..........

She fell.... She disappeared right in front of me all in a blur, almost like a memory.

It's all my fault!

It's all MY FAULT!!

IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had just waited for her to talk with him- No!

I've been trying to get on Ken's side, acting all kind and patient, and now it all came against me.

I should've killed the intruder right then and there.

If she gets angry with me. If she will try to leave me Id just chain her up.

If she even tries to resist Id cut off both of her legs so running away wouldn't even an option.

All I have to do is to keep her warm. Cutting one or two limbs wont kill her.

For one last time, I punch the unmoving floor that tint my hand red. The blood in my head boils hot, tremors going haywire around my veins, and my heart pumps in anger.

Yet Im cold.... So cold.

Desperation crawl through my sleeves like needles.

Without her Im good as dead.

At the corner of my eyes Elise falls into a disheveled heap. Her eyes wide as it is empty. She drains into black-and-white as she stares to where Ken had been. Her nails scratches onto the floor but to no avail it only damages her own, the shiny floor stays spotless.

"What are we going to do?"

Somehow her words made her less chafe. Yes! This is the most reason why I haven't killed her yet.

She gets into my skin like maggots: too loud, too clumsy. However, she's as desperate to protect.

Oh Ken, what have you done to us?