Chapter 51

A hush fell as Rie turned to face me. He struggles to wipe the tears away as it flows like an unending stream. His tear-strained face is puffy and swollen and he snivels miserably.

Everything gnaws my heart in guilt.

"Kennedy..." Him calling out that name perfectly screams what he thinks of me still. Innocent and naive. "Am I a monster? When this scar came to mar my face my world seemed to stop. It's a blurry memory when everyone looks at me in admiration just because I bore a pleasant face, but then this happened and their politeness was wiped gone morphed into a mix of fear and disgust." His words are deep but they harbor nothing but sadness. "Maybe I did the same to you, though you managed to endure the curse longer."

As if color drained out of my skin.

You're not a monster. I want to scream right on his face and slap him to his senses. He grovels down the floor against moonlight sparkling like a star molded by a disgraceful shame.

"I did this to you." He looks at me with eyes filled with so much sorrow and regret. "I shouldn't have approached you. I should've known earlier that I brought a curse with me, then you'd remain free of blood."

As if my nails wanted to be pluck out of its nail-bed. It's really tempting to lift my fingers up to my teeth and munch on them till my flesh wear off of any blood.

He wont listen.

"It's not-" I started but I caught him shaking his head, refusing to listen.

He already know somewhere in the back of his head, and he simply chose to ignore. From the start I have no way of escaping him.

"Why?" As if its the only word that could come out of my mouth.

His tears wouldn't stop glistening and his wide eyes are calling for me. Though his shoulders are pulled low and his eyebrows are gathering in, still he speaks of certainty. "I've worn a mask since I came here, then the game struck down and I thought it wouldn't matter now. And you, parading that piece of skin out for me. So smooth. Unblemished. But then I came to you and you stood there without a hint of scorn. Not even judgement touch the corner of you soft lips." He gulped, not breaking his gaze. "Im willing to ignore your faults for your attention."

His eyes are red from tears but it feels those of a witch enchanting me. And it's working.

I've always known that praying wont work, it just shows that god have long abandoned me. But this time Im glad he did.

"Are you forgiving me?" I ask, anxiety rise up on my shoulders when I saw his unbreaking stare.

"I do, and I will to everything you're still planning to do." He tightly shut his eyes as he continues, "Are you going to leave me?"

My answer is clear. Maybe we really are meant to stay together.

"Come here." I rub on my cold knees. The windows are close but I still hear the wind whipping through the trees, creaking and groaning like an old rocking chair. The weather seeps through the walls, like a freezer it's tight close but it shivers me down to the bone.

"Kennedy" Rie refuses to stand up in the dark, instead he goes on all fours and he stares on my eyes as a path to follow.

"Kennedy" he breathes, and there's another kind of shiver run down my belly.

As moonlight pours down on his fair skin, sparkling like stars on the night sky I couldn't help but bury my fingers on the sides of the couch by how breathtaking he is. As if chains forced me to sit tight, making me suffer by stealing the air in me.

Before he was like any other doll, but with new scars flushed against his skin he became more enchanting. He's certainly eye-catching, and he glows -that he could set me on fire.

"Kennedy" he whimpers, crawling on the marbled floor till he reaches my knees where he rested his chin on. "Are you thinking of leaving me?"

"Rie." I choked on my own breath. I cant form words to say.

"Please?" He buries his head on the gap of my legs and I gasp. Especially when I feel his fingers softly wrapping around my ankles like a chain, desperate to make me stay. His words may be polite, but his actions says otherwise.

"Kennedy" He spoke on a chilly breathe and I felt it kiss the sinful part of me. As if a whirlwind had cause chaos in my belly, that each time his skin touch mine something would leak out of my hole.

His fingers climb up to my legs, each graze leaves an indescribable shiver. It's choking me. Im losing air.

"Rie, do you know what you're doing?" I spoke breathlessly.

"Hmmm?" He cocks his head, while his fingers continues till it reach the hem of my short shorts. "Is this wrong? But I saw you do it with them."

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "You saw?"

He didn't look up, instead he buries himself deeper and he played on the inside of the hem. Directly touching me with his cold fingers, just a few inch more and he'd be touching my shameful wetness. "I saw how he crawl up to you, with tears streaming down his cheeks an excuse to feel your pity. An excuse to touch you more."

Every time he opens his mouth warmth blows on my pulsating core.

My grip tightens on the couch. I extended my neck in hopes to fly out of this situation. Every passing seconds a heavy need would meet my hammering heart and I fear that it might reach to my hands where all the sin starts.

I swallowed breathlessly, "Are yours genuine or is it the same excuse?"

He finally looks up. "I'm not sure... It could be both or neither."

"Why do you say so?" On the back my mind Im glad that all he saw are complete innocence. And yet, Im on a haywire of thoughts that involves far from that.

My heart is pounding still. And Im trying to stop dirty impulses from coming to life.

He rests his cheek on my legs. In this view he looks so pure, with his eyes that are shimmering from its old wetness. So innocent, and so sooo enchanting.

"It was a command I willingly followed."

"Command?" I wondered.

"I realized that I want to hear your voice more. To feel your touch more. And to see you so close to me." He strokes on the inside of my thigh and its making me lose my mind. "Am I allowed to?"

"And what if that command is something so sinful?" I bravely ask indicating my current desperation.

"Anything that comes out of your lips couldn't be sinful to my ears."

But it will be. Especially when its about exploring every scar that sits on your body.

"You wont leave me?" He asks again.

I lick my lips as I stare down on his pitiful state.

"I wont."