Chapter 26

This body was never mine.

At first, I was merely a whisper.

I came into conciousness to a body that already belonged to someone, and I pushed myself in trying to get control but I always fail. That left me to be a spectator.

My very first memory was waking up to an irking pitch but it was a lullaby to this body. When she was surrounded with her friends her heart seems to open. She can't express her emotions well but I can tell that she cared.

She loved them.

And I thought that one day, I could feel what she's feeling.

And I did.

I could sense that she felt pity for Helen. The girl had no friends, and without knowing anything about her background everyone already thought that she's inferior. So they kept pushing her around, and as they expected, the girl would just smile and apologized to things that was never her fault.

Though, Kennedy never talk to her.

She fear that if she does, she'd be viewed the same. A bully. Kennedy only look cold and mean, but in reality, she's actually just a coward.

It was at the bonfire when they first talked. And it was also the first time that this body felt provoked, she began to realized that everyone were right about her.... Helen was incredibly annoying.

Kennedy didn't feel alright then, her stomach was acting up and all the girl did was making her feel worse. Helen kept talking and chasing her even to the bathroom. She said she wanted to help and kept insisting, instead she just messed things up. She tripped herself and was screaming when blood came out. The scene could've made Kennedy bad. And it was this annoyance that made me come out.

For a moment, I gained control. I gained a body and the first thing I thought was to shut her up.

Her screams were deafening as if slight bleeding could kill her, but in actuality it was far from that. A thumb of blood off of her head could just make her fall to a daze, she didn't expect that it would be her screams that could kill her.

I couldn't believe it at first. I have a body to control but it felt unreal. I have arms, legs, and skin to feel. The air to breath. The wind that touched my skin. Everything felt so new.

And I wanted to continue feeling...

So I wrapped my fingers around her throat to shut her up. She may or may not have tried to fight back but it was all a blur. My orbs were nowhere but to my fingers against her neck. It was fascinating to me that there's so much that could do from a little pressure on one's neck.

Her screams gradually fainted like muffled windpipe, then into an ugly gurgle that would chase you in your nightmares. Then her face turned red, and her eyes widened with the veins on her eyes popping one by one. And just like that, Helen was dead.

But my heart was thumping still, and I couldn't let go of the euphoria.

All I could get into my hands was a fish stone house in the little glass aquarium built in some of the comfort rooms. It wasn't as big but it was good enough to hit her again and again and again and again. That's all it takes to dig a hole into her skull and bleed her out, till her head shriveled and her eyes pop out of its sockets.

I couldn't believe how pretty she was. Like those models I saw in magazines- flattened.

For a few minutes, I was forcefully pulled back and I slept for a little while. When I returned, the blood on the floor had been cleaned out and I couldn't help but cracked a hearty giggle.

I had fear that if Kennedy saw the scene, she would scream in panic and would ask for help. But I was wrong. She's not as coward as I thought she would be. Maybe... just maybe, we could form a team.

Now all I have to do is chopped off the parts and stuffed them into the bag. The excitement haven't gone down yet, cause hiding a body is the best part.

When the morning came, I dissolved into a part of her. I no longer have the body, but we're able to share a brain. I was able to take part on her thoughts, her emotions, and alter her interests. But time passed, I realized that its never enough. I wanted a body. I wanted something that I can fully control.

Being just a part of her is pathetic.

Its her fault that she let me come to life. Being a team wont cut it. I need to force for control.

"Ken?"

I whipped my head towards the voice. It was Kurt, Kennedy's friend. However, Im no longer Kennedy even to him. I am now Ken.

"She's awake." He led ahead, with his hand clinging to mine -wanting love, wanting warmth.

When we got there, El was wrapped up like a mummy. Even in this situation with blood soaking in between the gap of woven cotton, she beamed out a smile and was intent to move.

"Are you seeing stars or just the idiot that you are?"

"Shut it, I know you wanted to kill me." El rolled here eyes while she was forcefully tucked in by Lucas. Her wounds reopened but she was still unaware as if its nothing, as if wounds doesnt sting nor do broken bones.

Lucas groaned but without much of a choice, bandaged her up all over again. "Did you actually see me trying to kill you? Im all about love, not killing!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She pressed her lips together in a hard line, when her gaze landed in my direction, her face crinkled up in disgust. "You!"

I could hear Kurt sigh, "Yeah, sorry."

The apology was done half-heartedly, and it only made El fumed. "You were trying to kill me!"

"Most of that was Jen's doing, and you didnt die did you?" He taunted with not even a little of empathy.

"Ken, come here beside me. Who knows when that bastard will act up again."

Kurt clicked his tongue when I had to let go of his hand but he didnt stop me, he knew that he's capable of chasing me again. When I got beside her, she raised her hand for me but Lucas was quick to smack her out. And just as expected, she cant feel anything.

"Don't you feel pain?" It was a question I already knew the answer.

The gleam on her eyes drop to layers of unsettling emotion, sadness flitted across her face.

"I dont." It was a short answer but it was enough to clear up any confusion. And so I locked that all in, so I wouldnt have to ask questions that will cause her the pain that both us wouldnt want.

"We're all friends now, right?" Lucas chimed in, when no one responded whom are still deliberating, he answered on his own. "We're all good then!"

Then silence....

As if no one was against it. It was easy to tell that we are all not normal.

We were four friends. Four murderers.