Chapter 80

As soon as Lin Qingyu’s tongue stretched in, it was hooked and tangled. Gu Fuzhou successfully distracted him. Immersed in Gu Fuzhou’s scent, Lin Qingyu discarded all thoughts about separated souls and souls in the wrong body.

Gradually, Lin Qingyu’s lips began to numb, his breathing becoming more and more rapid. He couldn’t take it anymore and wanted to push Gu Fuzhou away. Gu Fuzhou put one hand on the back of his head and clasped his fingers with the other, hugging him even tighter. 

Only when his lips were bitten did Gu Fuzhou let him go.

Lin Qingyu was panting lightly. His cheeks were burning red and his lips were moist and glistening. The light in his eyes darkened, revealing a rarely-seen confusion, as though he were confused by his own various reactions.

Gu Fuzhou chuckled lightly: “Doctor Lin’s face is so red.” Fortunately, his skin now wasn’t as pale so he was able to get away with it. If he had kissed Lin Qingyu with his own original body, based on how hot his face felt right now, his blush would have trumped Lin Qingyu’s many times over.

Lin Qingyu felt his face with the back of his hand. Sure enough, it was astonishingly hot. He forced himself to calm down and said, “Because you made me unable to breathe. It’s normal for one’s face to go red when you’re short of breath.” 

Gu Fuzhou asked curiously, “Does Doctor Lin not know how to regulate his breathing?”

Lin Qingyu felt inexplicably angry and humiliated. He said without batting an eyelid. “Well, I’m not as good at it as you are.”

Gu Fuzhou smiled. “Actually, I’m not that good at it either but just now, I think I’ve begun to get the hang of it. I can teach you.”

Lin Qingyu turned his face away. “Maybe another day.”

Gu Fuzhou blinked. “Another…day?”

“It’s getting late, I’m going to bed.”

That night, the two fell asleep as they usually did; one at the bottom bunk, the other at the top. Strange to say but though they had slept in the same bed several times before they’d begun dating, after, they never slept in the same bed again. Every night before going to bed, an inexplicable awkwardness would descend upon them. They would blush whenever their eyes met, making the atmosphere even more awkward. Until finally, they would tacitly go to their separate beds, like two shy newly-wed brides.

He didn’t know how other people’s first love was like, but for Gu Fuzhou, his first love was the restlessness of the young and inexperienced. Even though he and Lin Qingyu had known each other for so long already and had even had physical contact, now that they were in a proper relationship, he still occasionally felt nervous whenever he was alone with the other. But once there were others present, he cannot be nervous. 

He couldn’t show his nervousness; he didn’t want to appear useless.

In the silence, Gu Fuzhou, who had just kissed the beauty in the lower bunk, suddenly laughed. “Qingyu…”

Lin Qingyu had his eyes closed. “Why haven’t you fallen asleep yet?” The feelings have subsided; recalling the kiss just now, Lin Qingyu had a vague feeling that something wasn’t quite right though he couldn’t think what exactly about it was wrong.

“Aren’t you still awake too?” Gu Fuzhou said with a smile, “I just want to tell you that kissing you was not at all tiring. I like it very much.” 

Gu Fuzhou’s remarks seemed to imply that if kissing made him tired, he wouldn’t like kissing anymore? Kissing was certainly not tiring. If it were, Jiang Gongzi would wouldn’t like it much. This might just be the origin of his lifelong dream.