Chapter 83

Xi Rong didn’t consider it for long and gave Lin Qingyu his answer. He agreed to Lin Qingyu’s three conditions. He ordered someone to deliver the Tianji Camp’s token to the General’s mansion and as prince in charge of the supervision of the country, he entrusted Gu Fuzhou with the responsibility of guarding the capital.

“Isn’t he a little too willing to agree?” Gu Fuzhou tapped the table with the Tianji Camp’s token. “It doesn’t seem like Xi Rong’s style.”

Lin Qingyu agreed, “He’s definitely left himself a way out.”

When he put forward those three conditions that day, he didn’t actually expect Xi Rong to agree. Given Xi Rong’s ambition, how could he stand being surrounded by wolves restraining his actions once Xiao Jie’s ascends to the throne? Xi Rong’s willingness to agree now was simply because he and Xiao Jie’s position was unstable and for the time being, they could not do without the his and Gu Fuzhou’s support. In his time once the time was right, if he truly wanted to pull down the bridge after crossing the river, he could simply think up of a way.

“Don’t you have a way out yourself? –‘If Xiao Jie and Xi Rong won’t listen, then they’ll be replaced.’, these were your words.

Lin Qingyu looked at the token that could mobilize all of the Tianji Camp’s elite assassins. “The emperor only has so many sons. We’ve gotten rid of Xiao Cheng, if we replace Xiao Jie, there’s only one left.”

Gu Fuzhou was using the Tianji Camp token to tap out a rhythm. He said sleepily, “A dullard as emperor? It would simply be unreasonable.”

“I wouldn’t want to do anything unreasonable either. I hope Xi Rong would be more obedient and not force me to replace them. — Stop that tapping.” Lin Qingyu couldn’t bear it any longer, “Are your hands so empty that you simply can’t go without having anything to play with?”

Gu Fuzhou stopped and pretended to feel wronged. “We’re already dating, why is Doctor Lin still so fierce?”

Lin Qingyu said with a smile, “I’m only saying the truth, why is that being ‘fierce’?”

“I’m bored so naturally I’m going to find something to play with.” Gu Fuzhou said casually, “You won’t accompany me. All day long, you play around with medicine and politics. And yet you still find time to play around with my feelings, Doctor Lin. Oh, I once again find myself envious of that love-addled couple in the North.”

Lately, Lin Qingyu has been busy dealing with the different parties and truthfully didn’t have time to play with Young Master Jiang’s feelings. Gu Fuzhou no longer needed to go to morning court and he didn’t go to the palace very often. On the other hand, Lin Qingyu went to the palace every day; even staying overnight at the Imperial Hospital when things were very busy. Gu Fuzhou has been spending many nights alone in that bunk bed and it was inevitable that he would have some complaints.

Lin Qingyu asked, “Why, you want to be love-addled as well?”

Gu Fuzhou shrugged. “How could I when love-addled isn’t what Doctor Lin wants? I want to become Doctor Lin’s type — a mature man.”

Lin Qingyu teased, “Well, I count salted fish among my dislikes but it hasn’t made you any more diligent.”

“The only thing I can say to that is, it’s a testament to my ability that despite my being salted fish, I have managed to make the Dayu’s number one beauty fall for me.” Not only did Gu Fuzhou not feel any share, rather he was quite proud of it. “You like me already. It’s too late for regrets.”

Lin Qingyu sighed softly. “I’ve miscalculated.”

Gu Fuzhou smiled and said, “Don’t be like that. I may be salted fish but I support you in all your endeavors. You can proceed with all confidence and boldness. If something goes wrong, you can come to me and I will help you deal with the aftermath.”