Chapter 8

Huan Tong carried Lin Qingyu back into the room and placed him on the luohan. Lin Qingyu then asked him to take out the medicine box from the cabinet and look for the medicine for bruises and sprains. Hua Lu saw that Lin Qingyu was in so much pain that he was bursting out in a cold sweat. She said anxiously, “Should I go look for a doctor for Shaojun?”

Huan Tong took off Lin Qingyu’s shoe and said, “What nonsense are you saying? My family’s Young Master is the best doctor there is.”

Lin Qingyu poured the potion onto his palm and rubbed it on the sprained part. The light medicinal fragrance spread through the room.

Hua Lu said, “Shaojun, should I help you rub it? I can massage it for you.”

“No need.” Lin Qingyu endured the pain, “Go and get a basin of well water. Then soak a handkerchief in it. I still have to apply a cold compress for half an hour after using the medicine.”

Lin Qingyu rubbed the injured part. He then suddenly felt that the room was too quiet — Where was that person who talked the most?

Lin Qingyu raised his head and saw Lu Wancheng sitting by the table; his expression dark and unhappy.

Thinking about how Lu Wancheng almost fell, Lin Qingyu asked him, “Are you bruised anywhere?”

Lu Wancheng shook his head and said, “Is your injury okay?”

“It’s nothing serious. It should be all better after resting it for three days.”

Lu Wancheng smiled. “That’s good.”

Lin Qingyu said dully, “Originally, I only had to rest my sprain for two days. But then you dropped me like that…”

Lu Wancheng hid his face, feeling pained. “Don’t say it. It’s my fault.”

In order to make up for his fault, Lu Wancheng generously gave up his wheelchair to Lin Qingyu. However, Lin Qingyu didn’t appreciate the gesture. He simply had Huan Tong serve him by his side. He had Huan Tong fetch whatever he needed. When walking was unavoidable, he had Huan Tong support him as he did so.

Hua Lu was waiting for Lu Wancheng to drink the medicine when she caught sight of Lin Qingyu. Lin Qingyu was slowly walking with one hand on the table and Huan Tong supporting him on his other side. He had on a simple white robe, with his long hair falling on his shoulders and his brows furrowed slightly. The image he made caused pity to rise in Hua Lu’s little girl’s heart.

Lu Wancheng asked, drawing out his words, “Does he look good?”

Hua Lu nodded honestly, “He does! An injured Shaojun looks different from how he usually is.”

Lu Wancheng looked at Lin Qingyu and drank the terribly bitter medicine in one go. “This is called ‘ battle-damaged beauty ‘.”

Once night fell, Lin Qingyu lay on the luohan, reading as usual. Sounds of a body turning over could be heard from time to time on the big bed behind the screen. The noise made it impossible for Lin Qingyu to read at ease. Normally, Lu Wancheng would already be dead asleep at this time. He had no idea what had gotten into the other today.

Hearing another sigh, Lin Qingyu asked, “Young Master Hou, indifferent to fame and fortune, taking no account of gains or losses, what could possible make you frown with worry and moan and groan so late into the night?”

After a period of silence, Lu Wancheng’s figure, slowly sitting up, appeared against the screen. In a miserable and desolate tone, he said, “I can’t even f*cking…carry you?”

Lin Qingyu: “…” Was Lu Wancheng losing sleep over this kind of thing?

Lu Wancheng said quietly, “This is more terrifying than a ghost story.”