Chapter 39

That night, Lu Wancheng died in front of Lin Qingyu’s eyes.

His long lashes drooped; his expression was serene. He wore a festive crimson robe, and his body was clean and clear. One of his hands was held by Lin Qingyu and the other hand was placed on the armrest of the wheelchair, as if he really were just asleep.

His face was unsupported and tilted to one side, the same way it would whenever he dozed off in his wheelchair. Lin Qingyu subconsciously dropped the umbrella in his hand and held up Lu Wancheng’s icy cheek.

Without the cover of the umbrella, the snow fell silently on their hair, on their faces, on their shoulders.

The shop assistant from the Xiong Si had told Lin Qingyu the course of the funeral ceremony. He should remember it very clearly, but right now, he was a little at a loss – Lu Wancheng was dead, what should he do?

Huan Tong was really worried and came to the yard to see the situation. He saw his Young Master kneeling on one knee in front of the wheelchair, his bright red bridal attire spread out on the snow, his long hair blocking the side of his face. He held Young Master Hou’s hand in one of his and had his other on Young Master Hou’s cheek. Next to him lay an open umbrella as they were slowly covered with snow.

The two were motionless, like statues.

“Young Master Hou!”

Lin Qingyu heard a cry from behind – it was Huan Tong’s voice.

Huan Tong was someone he brought from the Lin Residence. Like him, he hated the entire Nan’an Hou Mansion. Who would have thought that he would cry so sadly for Lu Wancheng in the end.

Lu Wancheng was truly capable. Conquering people’s hearts in such a short span of less than a year.

Huan Tong knelt in front of the wheelchair, barely able to breath from crying. His crying brought Lin Qingyu back to reality from his blank daze.

Lu Wancheng was dead. Maybe he’d been reborn in some bizarre world, or maybe he really died.

No one could tell him the answer, and he didn’t know if he could wait for the answer. But no matter what, he promised Lu Wancheng that he would watch him go and then live a good life.

He had already done the first half.

Lin Qingyu slowly stood up. He stayed in the same position for too long and when he got up, his eyes darkened for a moment. He almost fell over but in the end, he caught himself. “Don’t cry,” he heard himself say, “Didn’t you listen to what the man from Xiong Si said? If you let your tears drop on him, you won’t even be able to see him in your dreams.”

Huan Tong said, voice trembling, “Young Master…”

Lin Qingyu gradually recalled what the Xiong Si shop assistant had said. He ordered numbly, “Move him into the house and cover his face with white silk. There’s no need to change his clothes. Just place him in the coffin wearing these. Afterwards, you can go and report his death.” He paused, then said, “By the way, you need to carry him on your back. Don’t princess carry him.”

Huan Tong, choking with sobs, nodded, “What about you, Young Master?”

“I’m going to change clothes.”

Lf kjrc’a ublcu ab ifa batfgr rff tlw lc tlr yglvji jaalgf, tejvljc bc tlr obgftfjv. Ycis Oe Qjcmtfcu mbeiv rff la, cb bcf firf mbeiv.

Cccbecmlcu tlr vfjat, qijmlcu tlr ybvs lc atf mboolc, rajcvlcu kjamt bnfg atf ybvs… Oe Qjcmtfcu’r oecfgji kjr mjgglfv bea lc jc bgvfgis wjccfg. Olc Hlcuse jaafcvfv ab fnfgsatlcu qfgrbcjiis. Ktbeut atf Rjc’jc Lbe’r Zjcrlbc kjr abrrfv jybea ys klcv jcv gjlc, lar rlaejalbc, ragjlcfv jcv vloolmeia, tf ralii jggjcufv j yfjealoei oecfgji obg Oe Qjcmtfcu.