Chapter 66

It was early in the morning, Lin Qingyu felt someone moving beside him. He had always been a light sleeper and since it was already his usual time to wake up, he quickly opened his eyes.

He slept on the outer side of the bed and what greeted him upon waking up was the burnt out red candles and the morning light coming in from outside the window. Turning over slightly, the man beside him…or rather, the young man beside him was sound asleep, lying facing him. Half his face and one hand were exposed outside the quilt, while his other hand was splayed on his waist.

After Gu Fuzhou had passed out drunk last night, Lin Qingyu took off his wedding clothes for him and after much difficulty, managed to shove him under the quilt. He originally planned on making do with sleeping in the study but reconsidered; after all, it was their wedding night. During their previous wedding night, they hadn’t even known each other and they slept in the same room. If they were to sleep in separate rooms now, their two years of knowing each other would have been for nothing.

There is only one bed in the bridal chamber and there wasn’t any luohan. Lin Qingyu thought about it and using all his might, he pushed Gu Fuzhou further in and simply lay down on the outer side of the bed.

Lin Qingyu thought that he wouldn’t sleep well. However, he didn’t expect that Gu Fuzhou would be so well behaved when he was asleep, even very rarely turning over. It was no wonder he could sleep through an enemy attack in Yongliang; finally having no choice but to move out with his quilt draped over his shoulders.

Though his actual age was a full nineteen years old, he still slept like a child. Lin Qingyu couldn’t help but stretched out his hand and touch Gu Fuzhou’s straight nose. Then, he made to get up but…

He couldn’t get up. Gu Fuzhou… had pinned down his hair.

The lower half of Lin Qingyu’s long hair was completely pinned down by Gu Fuzhou. If he moved a little too much, it would result in a painful pull. He tried to push Gu Fuzhou away but even after a long time, Gu Fuzhou remained motionless. He also tried to grab his hair and pull it out but not a lot of it managed to be freed. Instead, he simply hurt himself in the process, so much so that he was tempted to poison to other.

Lin Qingyu couldn’t bear it any longer. No amount of calling managed to get Gu Fuzhou to wake up so he went and pinched Gu Fuzhou’s noise shut. No matter how much Gu Fuzhou loved sleeping, the obstruction to his breathing made him furrow his brows. He then opened his eyes and seeing Lin Qingyu, also opened his mouth.

Lin Qingyu said coolly, “Are you awake now?”

Awakened by such cruel means, Gu Fuzhou was still a little dazed, a layer of mist covering his eyes. He stared intently, unable to look away, at the face so close at hand. The slowly fog dissipated and his eyes gradually became clear.

“Why are you…” Gu Fuzhou’s voice was hoarse from just having woken up. He realized where his hands were and his eyes widened suddenly. His fingers even curled up and it seemed as though he didn’t know where to put them. “What are you doing in my bed?”

Lin Qingyu said indifferently, “What do you think?”

“Did I force you in bed with me?” Gu Fuzhou was horribly shocked, “I never knew I had it in me!”

Lin Qingyu snorted, “Oh, just you?” He gathered up his strength and brought his fist down on Gu Fuzhou’s arm. “Now, get up and let go of my hair.”

Gu Fuzhou shifted his position and Lin Qingyu was finally freed. He sat up and said, “Since you’re awake then get up.”

Gu Fuzhou thought back to what had happened last night. All he could remember was pushing open the door, so filled with anticipation, only to see the great beauty without his bridal veil on. His blood pressure immediately shot through the roof. After that, he had no memory of what happened. He must have passed out.