Chapter 14

After Lin Qingyu got half of the power in the household, people came to him in a steady stream every day.

The story of Shaojun poisoning people spread throughout mansion. Everyone got to understand what a "femme fatale" was and they looked at Shaojun with awe. From matters as big as dispensing the mansion's monthly allowance to matters as small as what kind of flowers to be plant in the yard, no one dared to make any arbitrary decision at all.

Lin Qingyu was pestered beyond endurance. He has never been interested in the general affairs of the mansion. Small things like what flowers to grow and what snacks to prepare in each room, he left to Pan Shi to decide upon. As for other important matters, it would be best if he could maintain a hold over those.

Lin Qingyu found a certain someone lying on a rocking chair with his eyes closed, listening to the rain. He instructed, "Find me a few more trustworthy stewards to help manage the household."

Lu Wancheng opened his eyes and teased, "Oh? I seem to remember that you used to be quite averse to this kind of approach - 'You can't always rely on others for everything. Then, when you're too lazy to eat, to sleep, or to marry a wife and make children, will you also have someone deal with it for you?'"

Lin Qingyu paused, and calmly said, "That was one situation and this is quite another."

Lu Wancheng smiled and said, "This matter is easy to handle. I'll just write another letter to my grandfather."

Lin Qingyu nodded. "Alright, go write it."

"Then help me grind the ink."

Lu Wancheng had just said it jokingly and offhand, thinking that he would be ruthlessly rejected by Lin Qingyu once again. Unexpectedly, Lin Qingyu merely hesitated for a moment, then said, "Alright."

Lu Wancheng was immediately overwhelmed by having been bestowed with this favor.

In the study room, Lu Wancheng stood in front of the window railing, holding a pen in his hand. Lin Qingyu stood quietly on one side, personally grinding the ink for him.

The ink gave off a dense fragrance, but Lu Wancheng could still make out the light medicinal fragrance on Lin Qingyu's body. He couldn't help wondering when his sense of smell became so good.

It was spring and rain was plentiful. Though it had been raining for several days already, it still showed no signs of stopping. Outside the window, the spring rain drizzled, natural and fascinating, like entwined ties of love.

Lu Wancheng wrote very slowly. It seemed that he didn't write often, but his brush work was excellent. Letters were private things and Lin Qingyu didn't read it deliberately, but did catch sight of it inadvertently.

They say that who a person is, is reflected in their calligraphy. Lu Wancheng's words were energetic, like moving clouds and flowing water; free, easy and smooth. It was hard to imagine that they came from the hands of someone chronically ill.

After writing a few words, Lu Wancheng was struck with a bout of laziness. "Ah, my hands are sore. I'm so tired."

Lin Qingyu said, "You can sit down and write."

"That won't work. If you write while sitting down, it won't come out smooth and elegant at all."

Lin Qingyu: "......"

Huan Tong came in to deliver snacks and was met with the sight of Young Master Hou writing while his own family's Young Master acted as " red sleeves adding fragrance ". It gave him quite the shock and it took some time to remember what he was doing there. "Young Master, the kitchens have delivered plum cakes."